Who has the strongest record?

agalsed

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Ok, so every time I see a thread discussing a fighter, inevitably someone says that their record is padded, or whatever. I know there is bias, but who in the UFC actually has the strongest record/ has beaten the toughest competition?

Anderson and GSP

That's actually a great question. Couture is likely up there. Win/Lose, he was always fighting top fighters of divisions. Accounts for his non-Ando/Fedor record type.

Anderson = Cote, Leites, Irvin, Leben... losses to Takase and Chonan. Not the best.

Fedor has pads as well (sorry, blanking on some names).

They both also have solid wins.

GSP is pretty good, but his division is somewhat suspect. I personally find it quality, but I also understand the arguments against.

Probably Jones.

GSP is a very close second though.

GSP hands down. Look at his record, even prior to getting the belt.

I find Andersons very weak, considering his were almost entirely title defenses in the UFC.

GSP hands down. Look at his record, even prior to getting the belt.

I find Andersons very weak, considering his were almost entirely title defenses in the UFC.

That's hilarious.

GSP has failed to get the title his first try, then failed to make one defense in getting TKO'd by Matt Serra (who had never KO'd anyone before that fight, btw) then goes on a long list of decisions over finishable fighters (i.e. Hardy)

GSP. Jones. Anderson.

Cain, Big Nog, Fedor, Hendo and JDS are pretty good as well

JDS deserves a good mention as does Cain.

Rashad Evans has a really good record as well.

meh I haven't watched it in a long time but I think he lost to bisping.The draw with tito was because tito lost a point,he started his ufc career with 3 split decisions to imes hogar (er hoger whatever) and bonnar.He's also had some bottom of the barrel competition..I think his record looks a lot better than it is if you have watched all his fights and almost his entire career as it unfolds.He's certainly got a good record though i'm not disputing that I just don't look at it as 17-2 I look at it as a lucky at times 17-2.Of course you could pick apart anyone's career but I feel like things out of rashad's control have gone well for him.Chuck's chin etc

It's clearly between jones silva and gsp and all depends on how you look at it.I guess i'd have to go with silva because of his reign and never losing then gsp because of his level of competition(they were all prime'ish) then Jones even though he's had an impressive run.

Last edited:
Back