Rumored Who has the strongest chin, and who has the hardest one punch? Ever. (+Bonus poll)

Are you on the toilet right now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mousasi- one tko( and was making his ways to knees at that) over the better part of 2 decades ......and still, arguably, has best chin in sport. He defends himself well, though. Mousasi Machida 1 - granite chin on full display.

The question posted is not P4P so anything but a HW is absurd. my vote is for Roy and Hunt as tied numero uno. Now P4P one guy isn't mentioned and that's Maldonado. Also Jon Jones

Jones has to be up there, he has never been rocked or dropped ever, and just keep pressuring them relentlessly.

P4P Penn is up there. A LW on the smaller side taking shots from bigger guys, even Lyoto, and up until late in his run never was knocked down. Also had KO power above his weight.

Absolute I'd go with Hunto. Can take CC's kicks and KO everyone himself.

Mousasi- one tko( and was making his ways to knees at that) over the better part of 2 decades ......and still, arguably, has best chin in sport. He defends himself well, though. Mousasi Machida 1 - granite chin on full display.
It also doesnt look like Mousasi has a crazy chin like this, judging by the look of it.
Comparing his to the look of Mark Hunts or Chuck Liddells

It also doesnt look like Mousasi has a crazy chin like this, judging by the look of it.
Comparing his to the look of Mark Hunts or Chuck Liddells
His chin does have some density to it but I think I know what you're talking about.

Condit has a hell chin, probably GOAT WW chin. Also Mousasi has the GOAT MW chin. Look at what Hall landed on the Moose and still didn't knock him out. Spinning kick to the face and jumping knee.

I mean Nelson is good, but dude has been knocked out, unlike these two.
Also watch 1st fight with Lyoto. Jesus - walks right into a counter round house kick across on temple ( prime machida ) and then later , machida connects with balls( heel) of foot right across gegards jaw( gifs floating around). He walked through both like eating flapjacks.
Crazy.

Last edited:
My vote for strongest chin AND hardest punch goes to Roy Nelson actually.

Reason for chin: everyone know's how tough he was, but here, off balance, didn't even see it coming, right on the chin, didn't even stumble from a load up shot from Lewis, at 40, truly amazing.

tumblr_oqu68xkVOZ1wni6p9o1_400.gifv

Reason for single punch: his overhand right was an absolute bomb, not the hardest puncher in general, but that one punch with all his weight behind it was about as deadly as they get when it hit the target. Hunt, Ngannou and Lewis hit harder in general with a larger variety of punches though.

tumblr_n3vwu6joos1qlskhvo1_r1_400.gif

Prime Nelson would have starched Black Beast with ease

Mark Hunt took not one, but two Cro Cop LHK in his career and survived.

He even leaned into the first kick
hunt_252Bcro_252Bcop_medium.gif

WFGl8e6.gif

He's also the king of walk off KOs, including over Roy Nelson
ddfeb58cb39b439c9b439658c8d2a9ab.gif

tumblr_mj6g27veVp1rr8wbto1_500.gif
The shot ts posted where Lewis hit Nelson is insane but Hunt taking that head kick disrupts my understanding of physics.

My vote for strongest chin AND hardest punch goes to Roy Nelson actually.

Reason for chin: everyone know's how tough he was, but here, off balance, didn't even see it coming, right on the chin, didn't even stumble from a load up shot from Lewis, at 40, truly amazing.

tumblr_oqu68xkVOZ1wni6p9o1_400.gifv

Reason for single punch: his overhand right was an absolute bomb, not the hardest puncher in general, but that one punch with all his weight behind it was about as deadly as they get when it hit the target. Hunt, Ngannou and Lewis hit harder in general with a larger variety of punches though.

tumblr_n3vwu6joos1qlskhvo1_r1_400.gif
My god that Lewis punch, how the hell did he take that?!? Amazing.

P4P young Gomi has to be up there.

Honestly surprised he hasn't been mentioned yet.

Strongest chin goes to Yosuke Nishijima and if you've watch his Pride fight against Mark Hunt, youll agree.

I dont want to split hairs on something non important ( lol) but that bottom pic is weight cut moose. The upper pic is baby mousasi ( me thinks and you see his chin already filling in).
Check out some of his interviews a few weeks out from fight.

....again - not TRYING to argue.

Prime JDS was up there. One punch KO power in both hands and could take a sledgehammer to the face and stay standing.

Prime JDS was up there. One punch KO power in both hands and could take a sledgehammer to the face and stay standing.
Even vs Ngannou JDS just basically gave up and never came close to going out. JDS really does have a hella strong chin. I think Prime JDS beats Ngannou by way of clowning.

They both literally crumpled. Carwin is by far the hardest puncher.
Literally crumpled yet never had the lights shut out. Carwin isn't close to the hardest puncher. Ngannou be putting people to sleep when landing clean. Guess you too stupid to see the difference?

Back