Rumored Who has the strongest chin, and who has the hardest one punch? Ever. (+Bonus poll)

Are you on the toilet right now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moral Victory

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
My vote for strongest chin AND hardest punch goes to Roy Nelson actually.

Reason for chin: everyone know's how tough he was, but here, off balance, didn't even see it coming, right on the chin, didn't even stumble from a load up shot from Lewis, at 40, truly amazing.

tumblr_oqu68xkVOZ1wni6p9o1_400.gifv

Reason for single punch: his overhand right was an absolute bomb, not the hardest puncher in general, but that one punch with all his weight behind it was about as deadly as they get when it hit the target. Hunt, Ngannou and Lewis hit harder in general with a larger variety of punches though.

tumblr_n3vwu6joos1qlskhvo1_r1_400.gif

My vote, Pound for pound, is Dan Henderson.
Exactly what I was going to say, and it's not even that close.

But disregarding PFP it's gonna come down to just HW's, which is pretty predictable.

If we're talking HW's, I'm going with Ngannou. He's shown an all time great chin so far, it's incredible he survived those last 4 rounds with Stipe on Chin and will alone.

Guys like Mark and Roy deserve major credit, especially because they held up for so long. But peak for peak this version of Ngannou fits the bill perfectly.

This guy had one of the best chins, for sure. I saw him take beatings like few others.
236177.jpg

Edit: the link is supposed to show Cabbage, but it looks broken to me.

Last edited:
Roy Nelson certainly has to be right at the top of the list or in the top few for sure

The best chins will always be the fat fighters, Nelson, Hunt, Gastelum, Cabbage, Tuivasa and many others, fat fighters always have epic chins, same in boxing and kickboxing

The hardest one punch is hard to call.. lots of candidates.

well I was gonna vote this, but being that you are looking for one guy that meets both criteria, I don't think it fits. Kohler has prob my fav one punch KO of all time, but he tapped to strikes on more than one occasion, so

PlushMintyBetafish-small.gif

Mark Hunt took not one, but two Cro Cop LHK in his career and survived.

He even leaned into the first kick
hunt_252Bcro_252Bcop_medium.gif

WFGl8e6.gif

Samoans are build different. Literally kicked water particles off of that man's head.

He's also the king of walk off KOs, including over Roy Nelson
ddfeb58cb39b439c9b439658c8d2a9ab.gif

tumblr_mj6g27veVp1rr8wbto1_500.gif

In terms of chin I think Roy Nelson has to be at the top of the list. There were fights where Roy could not land anything and the other guy got tired just plunking strikes off Roy's dome.

JDS, Mir, Cro Cop, Mitrione, Kongo, Miocic, Cormier, Overeem, Nogueira, Barnett, Lewis: pretty much all of these guys should have outstruck Roy and Nelson wasn't KO'd or TKO'd by ANY OF THEM. He took some huge shots in many of these fights and even won a bunch of them. That's a testament to his chin. He's the #1 chin of all time, both overall and P4P.

Cabbage Correira is way up there too.

People often confuse 'best defense' with an ability to take a massive punch.
Cabbage had a hell of a chin. He wasn’t a world beater but definitely underrated here.

Back