who has the most knockout power in UFC/Pride history?

EvanSullivan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
In terms of heavy hands... I'd go with Dan Henderson...that ***** can knockout Godzilla with his H Bomb

In terms of Kicks...I'd go with Pride Cro Cop

Overall, its hard to do cus theres so many fighters, Pride cro cop and dan put ppl to sleep more than anyone ive seen

could very well be Hendo indd.

fymya8.jpg

shane-carwin_gabriel-gonzaga.gif

PS: Man, did Brock ever suck at taking punches

UFC116-ShaneCarwinWinXBrockLesnar1a-250-sg.gif

It has to be Carwin man. He was knocking people out with punches that looked like nothing. He didn't even ****(nice censorship Sherdog... I used the other word for pulling back the hammer on a revolver) his arm for the Gonzaga KO, just extended his arm.

Henderson is up there too but he always looks like he's putting his all into every shot, Carwin at times looked like he wasn't even intended his shot to be the KO shot.

In terms of heavy hands... I'd go with Dan Henderson...that ***** can knockout Godzilla with his H Bomb

In terms of Kicks...I'd go with Pride Cro Cop

Overall, its hard to do cus theres so many fighters, Pride cro cop and dan put ppl to sleep more than anyone ive seen
lol @ Henderson having the most knockout power in UFC/Pride history.

For Fighter that have been in both orgs I'd say Hunt for sure.

In just the UFC it would have to be Carwin for sure.

I'm not going to count Kicking power mainly because any pro fighter should be able to KO a man if they land clean. The problem is only the best of the best can land kicks regularly on other professionals.

Igor and manhoef are up there also. Especially p4p as they weren't as physically monstrous as Shane

John Dodson P4P

has more KO power than some heavyweights, thats crazy

P4P it has to be Hendo, no question. He knocks out guys with granite chin with one blow and he has the most KO power at LHW and he doesn't cut weight lol. I mean he weighed 196 lb today and he has a fight on Saturday against Cormier.

Overall, it's Carwin. He looks like he's sparring, but when his punches land, guys goes to sleep. That's crazy. He knocks out guys with punches that look like there was no power behind it.

Hunt is a scary dude, broke Struve's jaw in half. But his punches aren't like Carwin where if he lands, the dude is going to be rocked/KO'd. Hunt can KO anyone, but just because he lands doesn't mean auto KO (look at how Struve was getting punched around or Bigfoot eating lots of punishment). If it was Carwin landing those punches, Struve/Bigfoot would have been finished a lot quicker.

Igor Vovchanchyn any day of the week!

P4P it has to be Hendo, no question. He knocks out guys with granite chin with one blow and he has the most KO power at LHW and he doesn't cut weight lol. I mean he weighed 196 lb today and he has a fight on Saturday against Cormier.

Overall, it's Carwin. He looks like he's sparring, but when his punches land, guys goes to sleep. That's crazy. He knocks out guys with punches that look like there was no power behind it.

Hunt is a scary dude, broke Struve's jaw in half. But his punches aren't like Carwin where if he lands, the dude is going to be rocked/KO'd. Hunt can KO anyone, but just because he lands doesn't mean auto KO (look at how Struve was getting punched around or Bigfoot eating lots of punishment). If it was Carwin landing those punches, Struve/Bigfoot would have been finished a lot quicker.

This pretty much is the story of this thread. P4P Hendo takes the cake, but Carwin had the most powerful punches. If kicks were counted, id throw in Cro Cop for the discussion too, but kicks are way more powerful than punches anyway.

What metric are you gonna base this on? How do you measure the opponent fighter's chin, accuracy, defence and luck as well?

Back