Who has the greater legacy Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather Jr.?

Who has the greater legacy Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather Jr.?

• Total voters
I really didn’t need another one of these

Floyd has the better resume but Pac will be a nostalgic favorite.

Let’s make a poll about the best Floyd vs Manny thread.

Pacquiao without a doubt.

"Legacy" is how you're remembered by the public, and Manny is viewed in a far more favourable light even in the States.

And if we're talking strictly boxing, Pacquiao is ahead of Floyd as an ATG as well. Don't give me this bullshit about how Floyd is undefeated, when anyone with eyes knows that he clearly lost to Castillo, and arguably lost to De La Hoya and Maidana too.

In the end, Floyd's legacy will be that of a cherry-picking, pillow-fisted, narcisstic domestic abuser while Manny's will be that of a humanitarian who overcame the odds many times and always put on exciting fights.

anyone with eyes knows that he clearly lost to Castillo, and arguably lost to De La Hoya and Maidana too.

Nope. Anyone with eyes knows that the first Castillo fight was damn close.

As for DLH and Maidana 1, they were more competitive Floyd fights than usual, but not giving them to Floyd based on a round by round analysis is a bit of a stretch.

In the end, Floyd's legacy will be that of a cherry-picking, pillow-fisted, narcisstic domestic abuser while Manny's will be that of a humanitarian who overcame the odds many times and always put on exciting fights

Dude. Mayweather boxed tons of tiltists over 5 weightclasses. He packed a pretty good punch at the lighter weights, until he hurt his hands. Pacquiao's KO ratio above 140 isn't spectacular either.

Domestic abuser ? Sure. So were tons of boxing ATG that people remember for, you know, boxing. I don't think people will focus on tax frauds and whoremongering when they remember Pacquiao either.

Downplaying Floyd's career that much speaks volumes about one's biases and/or lack of understanding of the sport. And I'm not even a Floyd fan.

Last edited:
Stop fucking making Pac/Floyd threads

I thought I'd bump this, because it's close and we need more votes. Also it's been a year later.

I wonder anyone would change their vote now.

Pac has been Ko'd several times and has more losses so somehow that makes him greater for some reason.

Like manny?
mmmmm. Probably not no. Although I am not sure I agree that it is totally ridiculous

For example I think Manny's wins at Featherweight probably give him the edge over Floyd if we are just comparing wins.

The only reason I'd put Floyd ahead is because he didn't lose.

But then again did Floyd ever go into a fight where wasn't a prohibitive favorite? I suppose once against Diego Corrales. That speaks to his greatness, but it also kind speaks to his matchmaking i suppose also

But. I'd still put Floyd ahead of Manny

I’d go with Pacquiao but it’s close. Both guys are essentially 4 division champs by original 8 standards. I think what puts Pacquiao ahead in my eyes is the naked ambition of his career in comparison to Floyd’s more calculated run. Floyd was much more calculated in his approach too.

Pacquiao is still active though, which means that he still has time to either create even more separation between him and Mayweather or fall behind Floyd in terms of all-time esteem, depending on how he finishes out his career

Back