Who has the greater achievements in boxing?

Pro**

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Mayweather or Pacquiao?

On HBO 24/7 Paquiao said that he himself has achieved greater in boxing than Floyd Mayweather. I was always under the impression that Floyd had achieved greater, or was I just dragged into the media speculation about the current most famous American boxer?

If they fought I would bet my last dime on Floyd. Having said that, Manny has accomplished more and I don't think anyone can deny that. He has face better comp, at their best weights than Floyd has.

Its funny how people say Pacquiao & Mayweather are greats..Mayweather hasn't fought and I can say even Pacquiao..the level of competition isn't that of what Ali during his era or Sugar ray Leonard..I haven't seen either one have a epic battle..That 's why boxing is dead and diluted of talent..

If they fought I would bet my last dime on Floyd. Having said that, Manny has accomplished more and I don't think anyone can deny that. He has face better comp, at their best weights than Floyd has.

Better comp like who?

I'd say Pacquiao has the more accomplishments, but if they fought Mayweather would have a stylistic advantage.

Its funny how people say Pacquiao & Mayweather are greats..Mayweather hasn't fought and I can say even Pacquiao..the level of competition isn't that of what Ali during his era or Sugar ray Leonard..I haven't seen either one have a epic battle..That 's why boxing is dead and diluted of talent..

You need to check out PAC fights with JMM, both of those fights are something to be remembered.

Tyson was never in a stacked division, Pacquiao had two wars with JMM, and Cotto gave him a fight early on. It's not his fault he's beating the dog shit out of the guys they put in front of him.

Better comp like who?

Barrera, Morales, Marquez, and Cotto. All were some of the best of their era's. Floyd fought Corrales, Castillo (most people thought floyd lost the 1st fight) and Hatton. P4P Manny's comp is clearly better.

Watch the Pac/Morales fights for a lesson in what boxing is all about...

Pacquiao has the better resume. The only thing that Floyd can hold over Pacquiao (and essentially anyone else when he makes his case for P4P all time) is that hes been undefeated throughout his career. The list of HOFers on Pac's list are better than any other fighter in the past 20 years.

Hence, the reluctance to take on Pacquiao imo. If he suffers a loss, his legacy/case as the greatest becomes severely compromised. Pac losing doesnt hurt him a bit since he'll be more fondly remembered as a "small guy" who took on all comers - beat 3 Mexican HOFers, beat "bigger" guys like Cotto and Oscar, the titles, Asia's greatest fighter. Floyd loses and people begin to really dissect at what hes really done in the sport.

Pacquiao has the more impressive accomplishments.

Definitely PacMan. Has achieved a lot of records and lot of titles in different divisions (7 I think?)

Mayweather or Pacquiao?

On HBO 24/7 Paquiao said that he himself has achieved greater in boxing than Floyd Mayweather. I was always under the impression that Floyd had achieved greater, or was I just dragged into the media speculation about the current most famous American boxer?

Stop watching 24/7, it's really just too much for you to handle reasonably.

Tyson was never in a stacked division, Pacquiao had two wars with JMM, and Cotto gave him a fight early on. It's not his fault he's beating the dog shit out of the guys they put in front of him.

Tyson? I think you're a bit off topic here being in a Mayweather vs Pac discussion.

Pound For Pound

Floyd has also never been KO'd like Pac has. :redface:

Well to be fair, Pac was an under-developed mal-nourished little boy when he got ko'd... Mayweather has had the benefit of growing up in a world class boxing family while Pac had to claw his way out of poverty and come half way around the world before he could get access to the same quality training that May has always had.

Pac is without a doubt the more accomplished of the two. He has defeated more great fighters than Mayweather. He has taken more risks in his career while Mayweather has played it relatively safe.. there really is no competition here..

whoa... whoa... whoa... Barrera, Morales, Marquez, Hatton, Cotto and de la Hoya. Just to name a few. Those guys will still be talked about in boxing years down the road. according to you they have to have an epic battle to be great? So if they dominate and demolish every one of their opponents, they are no longer considered great?

Floyd is the Rickson Gracie of boxing. Unbeaten but better resume than Fedor? NO.

Pacquiao has made title claims in more weight classes generally (seven) and lineally (a record four)

Lineally is what matters,not belt collecting........

People dont realize how significant Pacquiao's accomplishments....

They want to write off what hes done as if its not that impressive.....

..then how come in 120 years of the "Modern Era" of Boxing no one else has done it?

Last edited:
Back