Who has the better win: Corey or Jan?

Bend NvR Break

Order to Chaos. Chaos to Order.
@Steel
Reaction score
Getting 2 judges to score 30-25 for you over your opponent or knocking out your opponent in 1 round?

I get it. Everyone prefers a KO but does it tell the whole story? Any one can land that right punch to KO an opponent but you don't dominate something for 15 minutes and get 2 judges to score it 30-25 by accident.

So who has the upper hand?

It depends on what people value. These are by far the two most likely outcomes with the way Corey and Jan match up. It's a shame we won't see a trilogy, at least any time soon.

Nothing beats a brutal KTFO like what Jan did to Corey, with that follow up blow.

Both tell you a lot about each fighter and neither should be disregarded.

Getting 2 judges to score 30-25 for you over your opponent or knocking out your opponent in 1 round?

I get it. Everyone prefers a KO but does it tell the whole story? Any one can land that right punch to KO an opponent but you don't dominate something for 15 minutes and get 2 judges to score it 30-25 by accident.

So who has the upper hand?

If you word the topic that way a 30-25 is more dominant.

But when you add the rest of the information Jan is clearly the better current fighter.
Like the first fight being back in 2017 the older a fight is the more useless the result. This is why Conor fans thought he was better then current Dustin until he was stopped 2x.

The 2020 fight shows the growth of Jan since the first fight he shut down Corey ability to wrestle a couple times and was tagging him consistently over the 3 min.

Historically the winner of the 2nd fight wins the 3rd as well, Stipe over dc, liddell over randy, gsp over Hughes, Sylvia over Arlovski, Poirier over conor, I don't know the exact numbers but it's a decisive advantage.

If you word the topic that way a 30-25 is more dominant.

But when you add the rest of the information Jan is clearly the better current fighter.
Like the first fight being back in 2017 the older a fight is the more useless the result. This is why Conor fans thought he was better then current Dustin until he was stopped 2x.

The 2020 fight shows the growth of Jan since the first fight he shut down Corey ability to wrestle a couple times and was tagging him consistently over the 3 min.

Historically the winner of the 2nd fight wins the 3rd as well, Stipe over dc, liddell over randy, gsp over Hughes, Sylvia over Arlovski, Poirier over conor, I don't know the exact numbers but it's a decisive advantage.
No you're right.

The only time I think a second fight winner lost the trilogy is Hughes/Penn which went Penn/Hughes/Penn.

And I'd bet both my cars that Rockhold would've beaten Bisping in a trilogy.

Back