Who has the best jab in MMA?

By boxing standards I'd say GSP's jab wasn't that great. He'd often lunge in with it and would be out of position to throw a follow up but goddamn it, he made it one of the most effective weapons in mma. He showed people that the jab is a useful tool in mma. Both him and BJ did. Anderson's jab was on point as well.

Moose, and it isn't close.

GSP #1 with Frankie Edgar coming in a close second. Something about Edgar's head movement combined with that jab is money.

I remember his jab being 90% filler just to appear busy. It doesnt really have an impact in a fight.

at least compared GSP

I agree with both theses statements but I thinks its the fact that it always looks like hes setting something up.

Frankie, Lawler, Cerrone, Aldo, JDS.

Go back to the gym and stay there.

Just because Barboza walked into Cerrone's jab doesn't mean he has a good one.
It's actually one of his technically worst punches.
Doesn't turn his hips nor shoulder in correctly. Halfway an arm punch.
Could have a lot more reach on it.

JDS has his defense low nowadays while jabbing and got slower.

Frankie has a good one. Lawler's is good, not great

Joe Duffys Jab is truly sickening, or brilliant, depending on if you're victim or spectator.

Quick and stiff jabs that consistently hurt people,
Aldo
Mousasi
got to think about this more..
Technically Edgar has a great jab but just cant put him in this conversation cause he lacks power.I rarely see his opponents wearing his punches..

Aldo, GSP, Anderson, Lawler, JDS, Penn.....noticing a real trend there lol.

Quick and stiff jabs that consistently hurt people,
Aldo
Mousasi
got to think about this more..
Technically Edgar has a great jab but just cant put him in this conversation cause he lacks power.I rarely see his opponents wearing his punches..

I think this is due to his lack of reach in all honesty. Trying to think of a fight where he had a reach advantage.

Anderson finished fights with the jab. He was superior to GSP.

Compared to many female fighters (most of them in the BW div, not so many in SW), Joanna has a great jab

Back