Who has the best defensive striking in MMA?

Although not a striker Khabibs strike defense has been far and away the best out of anyone in mma.

Dude rarley gets hit clean.

Jones, and it's not even close.

His footwork combined with his ability to use distance with his reach and stupid little kicks makes him almost impossible to land big shots on. I mean, how many times in his entire career has anyone landed a big shot on jones? I supose Gus busted him up pretty good, but he never blasted him with anything big.

Jon's mindset is also a huge factor, not just his fight IQ but his unshakable belief in himself is a major factor in his awesome cardio, and when you don't get tired you don't become easier to hit as the fight goes on.

From a technical point of view he's still not particularly flash - the fact he's fighting in the weak LHW division makes him look better P4P than he is on that score - but between his Greg Jackson gameplans and the things you mentioned he's made himself really tough to hit. He did admit Lyoto rocked him, but aside from that, and Gus putting him in hospital, he's been relatively unscathed.

Sig Strike Defense

73% GSP
69% Mousasi
69% Adesanya
67% JOSE SCARFACE
67% MIGHTY MOUSE

67% Khabib
65% JONNY BONES
63% Yoel
62% SPIDER
61% Bobby Knuckles
60% Wonderboy
58% DC
55% Conor

The fact Aldo and GSP have such high numbers after having been long-term champions in two of the deepest divisions in the sport, fighting off a string of #1 contenders out of deep talent pools, is wildly impressive - especially Aldo considering he didn't come from a striking background.

Jon Jones. He just demonstrated it in his last fight with Santos. So who is the first to tell me that it's all because of steroids?<Lmaoo>
images
\

I'm not trying to start shit, but I wouldn't call turning your back and running away from a 1 legged fighter the highest level of striking defense. I don't ever recall seeing prime Silva getting tuned like Jones did against Gus either. I wasn't a Silva guy. It was frustrating sitting around waiting for someone to finally catch that guy with a clean shot and put him down.

Dan Severn, his striking defence is on another planet, in well over 120 fights he has been hit flush in less than 10 fights, incredibly hard to land a flush shot on him. everyone knows him for his top class wrestling and subs, but he is one of the most difficult guys to land head shots on, you have to be super accurate and have amazing timing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back