Who has the best chance of being the first to get belts in 3 different weight classes?

DS66

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
We all know EVENTUALLY there will be a champ/champ/champ. It's only a matter of time. Who has the best shot at it? Some potential candidates:

Henry Cejudo- Already champ/champ. Has made it known he wants to fight for the 145 belt some day

Conor McGregor- Already champ/champ. Dana will almost for sure give him a shot at 170 at some point

Khabib Nurmagomedov- LW champ. Could challenge for the 170 belt any time he wants and have a decent shot at it. Could see him one day fighting at superfight at 185 for the belt if he gets 170

Valentina Shevchenko- FLW champ. Lost a couple razor thin decisions to Nunes, could definitely see her getting the BW belt some day. With Cyborg gone and if Nunes retires she could probably get the FW belt too if she wants

Kamaru Usman- WW champ. He's a huge WW, he could easily go up and put on a good fight for the 185 belt. When he's older, with Jones up at HW, he could probably have a shot at 205

Israel Adesanya- MW champ. He has the frame and striking ability to give guys fits at LHW and maybe even at HW one day... but it's tough to envision him getting titles there. Especially with a guy named Jon Jones around

Looking at the candidates, they're actually all fairly unlikely to achieve it. I think Cejudo for sure has the best shot though, he would not be an easy fight for Volkanovski or whoever else is at the top of the FW division. I think he has a much better shot than Conor does against Usman. However if Usman loses the title to a striker, maybe Conor could get it done.

Who do you think has the best chance? It'll happen some day but probably not any time soon.

if conor beats masvidal, technically thats a belt in a 3rd weigh class, just sayin.

Conor because the UFC will do everything they can to make it easy for him to do that.

Most of the choices on here are fuckin ridiculous lol

I think cejudo. I don’t see conor winning a belt from a WW wrestler. If he takes a belt, it’ll be like his belt at 155 where he cherry picks it

Conor because the UFC will do everything they can to make it easy for him to do that.
Dana will strip Usman and make Conor vs Cowboy II for the title. Mark my words.

Most of the choices on here are fuckin ridiculous lol
I agree, but there are no better options. Everyone is gonna seem ridiculous until they do it.

Imagine thinking Cejudo was gonna be champ/champ when he was a midget with little MMA experience that got absolutely dominated by DJ.

<Fedor23>
Why not just win at HW when you're the size of a MW.

The more you try to think about who could have done this in history,the less impressive the actual achievement is.

I think the closest dude who really could have done it,and it be for real is Dan Henderson.

The more you try to think about who could have done this in history,the less impressive the actual achievement is.
If GSP is able to make 155 for the khabib fight he’s probably a legit candidate

Dana will strip Usman and make Conor vs Cowboy II for the title. Mark my words.

I think if Usman gets a flu or something Dana will instantly make an interim WW belt and put Conor to fight for it.

Probably some favorable matchup like Masvidal, Nate or maybe old RDA.

I think if Usman gets a flu or something Dana will instantly make an interim WW belt and put Conor to fight for it.

Probably some favorable matchup like Masvidal, Nate or maybe old RDA.
Now Mas is favorable matchup? oh how perception has changed overnight

I think Cejudo isn’t far fetched. Especially if he beats Aldo’s ass.

Hmm..I have no idea TS. Who would it be??

Lmao

Conor if Masvidal somehow beats Usman and they make Conor vs Masvidal for the WW belt.

Back