Who has the best Boxing in the history of the HW Division ?

I think what this poll shows is that Russians and former soviet union countries have sick boxing, other then them the only other options are JDS and other.

Nobody has proven it more than Junior Dos Santos.

And there ya go.

The question really is, who has demonstrated boxing the most effectively in the UFC and I think the answer to date is unequivocally Junior Dos Santos.

I know it's hard to compare pure boxing to MMA boxing, but I will go with Kharitonov, based on that he actually competes and has done well in both. I think he would take most, if not all of them, in a pure boxing match. Also most standing in an MMA match. That is if we discount takedowns. Fedor back in the day might still beat him up though and that goes for JDS as well.

And there ya go.

The question really is, who has demonstrated boxing the most effectively in the UFC and I think the answer to date is unequivocally Junior Dos Santos.

If the question was UFC, I'd agree. But it's not.

JDS for MMA boxing, Kharitonov for pure boxing.

didnt prove that he can box? there's a world outside of the ufc, brah

"who has the best boxing in the history of the HW division?"

pretty clear it's james toney in the ufc.. and ray mercer in mma as a whole

Yeah he proved he can box under boxing rules.

How many guys James Toney has outboxed in MMA ?

Zero. He does not belong in this poll.

Voted for Arlovski. He had the quicker hands and more technical boxing IMO.

JDS slightly has the better striking defense.

I went with JDS but there's an argument for Sergei Kharitonov, Aleksander Emelianenko, and even Mark Hunt.

Yeah he proved he can box under boxing rules.

How many guys James Toney has outboxed in MMA ?

Zero. He does not belong in this poll.

You asked how the best boxer in the history of the heavyweight division is. It's obviously James Toney and there is no doubt. He is by far the most accomplished boxer to compete in heavyweight mma.

You didn't ask who has the most mma effective boxing in the heavyweight division.

jds has the most effective mma boxing
sergei has the power

I agree. JDS may not be the most technical boxer in the division, but he certainly knows how to use it effectively in MMA.

I super badly want to pick Fedor

But it has to be Dos Santos. He is knocking everyone out, and he almost never gets hit

You asked how the best boxer in the history of the heavyweight division is. It's obviously James Toney and there is no doubt. He is by far the most accomplished boxer to compete in heavyweight mma.

You didn't ask who has the most mma effective boxing in the heavyweight division.

I'd go with Ray Mercer. He actually got to use his.

Back