Who has the best Boxing in the history of the HW Division ?

Yeah but his competition rivals the guys Pride fed to Fedor.

Fedor fought and beat Nogueria and Cro Cop two of the top 5 heavyweights in MMA history. Wladimir beats the opponents he is given, he should get credit for that.

Yeah but his competition rivals the guys Pride fed to Fedor.

Pride gave the best guys to Fedor.

The only top fighters he hasn't fought in his pride days are Barnett, Sergei and Randy (who was in the UFC).

Dos santos easily.

Damn says my last activity was 6-23-11

Well I'm bored and I'm back

Hunt's won pretty much all of his fights in K-1 and MMA with his boxing.

CC has probably the best ever in the HW division.

If Dos Santos beats Cain again, Overeem and Cormier then the claim for Dos Santos to have the best Boxing at heavyweight in MMA history is stronger.

If Dos Santos beats Cain again, Overeem and Cormier then the claim for Dos Santos to have the best Boxing at heavyweight in MMA history is stronger.

Depends on how he beats them, if he does.

Cro Cop and Hunt are among the best boxers at heavyweight in MMA history too.

Not Cro Cop, though that's relative. He probably makes the top 10 but Barry, Igor, Overeem, Hunt; and the other guys on TS' list have all better boxing than CC. Cro Cop's one of the best strikers, period. It's his whole game that was impressive, like with Overeem.

CC didn't have many weapons with his hands. Side stepping left, straight left, the combo he put away Coleman (which was rare), the left-right blitz he did against Barnett (and some others, usually after a left high kick), and multiple straight lefts in a row. That's about it, he was a single shooter who looked to time kicks.

He didn't have a good jab, but focused on his rear hand. Stood straight with little head movement, pushed guys away for defense to get to kickboxing range (Condit used similar maneuvers like walking away to the center against Diaz, but with much less offensive danger). He's a typical European kickboxer with an unusual left-heavy style. Hunt's a boxer, and that boxing had CC in trouble in 06.

Not Cro Cop, though that's relative. He probably makes the top 10 but Barry, Igor, Overeem, Hunt; and the other guys on TS' list have all better boxing than CC. Cro Cop's one of the best strikers, period. It's his whole game that was impressive, like with Overeem.

CC didn't have many weapons with his hands. Side stepping left, straight left, the combo he put away Coleman (which was rare), the left-right blitz he did against Barnett (and some others, usually after a left high kick), and multiple straight lefts in a row. That's about it, he was a single shooter who looked to time kicks.

He didn't have a good jab, but focused on his rear hand. Stood straight with little head movement, pushed guys away for defense to get to kickboxing range (Condit used similar maneuvers like walking away to the center against Diaz, but with much less offensive danger). He's a typical European kickboxer with an unusual left-heavy style. Hunt's a boxer, and that boxing had CC in trouble in 06.

I think Cro Cop had better Boxing than Igor, Overeem and Barry but Hunt I agree with you. In both their fights Hunt showed better Boxing that Cro Cop.

I think Cro Cop had better Boxing than Igor, Overeem and Barry but Hunt I agree with you. In both their fights Hunt showed better Boxing that Cro Cop.

Reem beat many guys in K-1 just with his boxing. Cro Cop beat Bernardo with a nice punch/kick combo, and Coleman. He isn't really known for his boxing.

Barry puts away guys with combinations, though Cro Cop landed a nice combo on Barry.

I also think Barry is a better striker than Igor, though not a better boxer. The Telligman fight was really an eye-opener to that.

Cro Cop has always been poor up close and uses pushes rather than jabs or movement to keep guys away from up close. He's also been tagged many times up close, didn't know what to do against Fedor, JDS and Hunt in close quarters because of that lack of skill in the pocket.

Reem beat many guys in K-1 just with his boxing. Cro Cop beat Bernardo with a nice punch/kick combo, and Coleman. He isn't really known for his boxing.

Barry puts away guys with combinations, though Cro Cop landed a nice combo on Barry.

I also think Barry is a better striker than Igor, though not a better boxer. The Telligman fight was really an eye-opener to that.

Cro Cop has always been poor up close and uses pushes rather than jabs or movement to keep guys away from up close. He's also been tagged many times up close, didn't know what to do against Fedor, JDS and Hunt in close quarters because of that lack of skill in the pocket.

Look at how Cro Cop did against Bonjasky though, he mainly used his Boxing in that fight. I agree Cro Cop wasn't too good inside. But Overeem, Barry and Igor have flaws too.

Bonjasky and Aerts were more known for their kicks. Sefo and Hunt were more known for their punches. But Cro Cop was good at both kicks and punches. I know they could do both, I'm not sure if you got my point.

Back