Who has the best Boxing in the history of the HW Division ?

frandie2b

------(SALD BELT)------
@red
Reaction score
In your opinion, who's the best boxer in the history of the HW division in MMA ? (UFC, Pride...).

I make this poll in relation with this thread :

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/jds-has-best-boxing-history-hw-2333721/

Here's my options :

- Junior Dos Santos :

Current UFC HW Champion, has great combinations with power & speed. Also have good footwork but questionnable defense.

round1jdsdropsnelson.gif

- Andrei Arlovski :

Used to have crisp boxing, good speed/footwork/power. His problem has always been his defense & reflexes.

arlovksi_sylvia2.gif

- Sergei Kharitonov :

Former amateur boxer, great power in both hands with good combos and dodges. He use to rely too much on his chin and lost his footwork.

ildhrn.jpg

- Aleksander Emelianenko :

Used to have great footwork/speed/power.

647422_o.gif

- Fedor Emelianenko :

He may not had the best technical boxing, but his speed, reflexes and power were a threat to anyone.

fedor-emelianenko_tim-sylvia.gif

Others ?

Honorable mentions to Big Nog, Randy, Hunt & Mirko.

Last edited:
Even though the story of him qualifying for the Olympics is bull, Kharitonov is still the obvious choice to me as he's the only one to accomplished a thing or two in actual boxing competitions.

Vitor Belfort was a heavyweight for a little while, I say he's one of the best. :wink:

Seriously, though, TS pretty much covered them all.

Thanks for the poll, I voted for Dos Santos.

Vitor Belfort was a heavyweight for a little while, I say he's one of the best. :wink:

Seriously, though, TS pretty much covered them all.

No problem.

Other options are welcome. I choosed these fighters because I think they were the logical options, and sherdoggers were talking about them in the previous thread.

But I don't agree with the Mercer/Toney options.

jds has the most effective mma boxing
sergei has the power

With the exception of the joke that was James Toney, JDS imo, not even close, he wrecks people standing

I say dos Santos, only because he has been the most dominant and successful only using his boxing at a time when the division is at its strongest.

Knew people would start throwing James Toney and Ray Mercer out there.

Am I the only one who is not that impressed with JDS' boxing? He is effective, don't get me wrong but doesn't know how to throw a straight to save his life.

What is this shit?

No Cro Cop or Igor Vovanchyn?

You disgust me TS

I consider them more kickboxers than pure boxers.

I put them in "honorable mention", because after all their boxing is no shit.

Back