Who has rolled with a girl before?

Some of you people really need to relax when you're around women.

When I first started the owner of my gyms wife worked me multiple times. In the last two years though I've been put in bad spots by some girls but always been able to work out of them.

i've rolled with many girls. Usually choke them but a couple times i've been swept and almost tapped by girls. its lots of fun. just make sure to play nice and thank them afterward

The day I walked into Carlos Machado's gym in 1997 after doing a bit of Judo, he paired me with a then purple/now 2nd degree black belt female named Kathy Brothers. I was coming from Judo where working on the ground is fast and hard, so I just did what I normally dig and she triangle choked me and I tapped just a second or two shy of going out.

We rolled again and she spider guarded me for the second round but didn't finish me again. Keep in mind she was probably 150lbs and I was around 300lbs at the time. It was an incredibly humbling experience. Needless to say I signed up and trained there a while.

I did. By the time we had finished the 5 minute roll she was 9 months pregnant with quadruplets, all boys.

I did. By the time we had finished the 5 minute roll she was 9 months pregnant with quadruplets, all boys.

lol!

I don't like rolling with girls...it's awkward and entirely useless for me considering they're usually like literally half my size

I roll with girls on a pretty regular basis. My first couple months I would get absolutely dominated by the professors daughter who was a brown belt. There's nothing wrong with it. Since then, a blue or purple catching me in a gi choke every now and then happens. They dont often get armbars, shoulder locks, or other chokes, but just about all of them are experts at taking the back.

Never had much of a problem rolling with girls, just gotta get over the whole laying on the boobs inside control and realize that if you're clearly not acting like a creap she's perfectly fine and accepts it.

Don't go for a triangle without compression shorts on tho

Edit: also I was a featherweight for a while, so they were more comfortable rolling with someone closer to their size and I would always to tone back the strength to nil and see how I would fair on nothing but technique and sometimes try to match their speed

Obviously this question is aimed towards men, in case any of you Sherdoggers are women.

Women in MMA is clearly not a uncommon thing, and I would say almost every gym has at least 2 of them.

I've had 2 situations with women and neither one of them were good...for me.

About 3 years ago when I first started getting into boxing, about 3 months into it this new woman came to the gym. She was Russian and didn't exactly look like a nice person. Only my instructor knew who she was and he told me to spar with her; naturally, I was a little hesitant about hitting a girl, but the next thing I know I was getting my face pounded in. Little did I know, she was a pro boxer...awesome.

On to my main story though, I went to a new gym about 3 weeks ago with a friend. First thing I noticed in the gym was that there was a Asian girl in there, and the only one. So whatever we do the routine and were about to begin rolling when the instructor tells me I have to roll with her. He told me this because I had yet to sign a waver stating that I wouldn't sue his ass if I got hurt...and I guess the best bet was rolling with a girl. Yeah, bad idea. She was quick as hell and super hard to hold onto and she ended up submitting me in less then a minute.

So anyways, has anyone rolled (or even sparred) with a girl who you completely underestimated and ended up kicking your ass? I'm sure there are a few macho men on this forum who think no one can beat them.

lol no.. seriously...no I have rolled with girls 2 belts above me and within 20lbs of my weight. Shut them down, could have submitted any of them but i just held position and let them work their offense. Maybe i have just been lucky, but all the girls i have encountered cannot deal with the substantial strength advantage i have. I get very little out of those rolls.

Never lost to a girl or even close but that is your fault and the way you have phrased the question. Here is why ...

I am 5.10 and weigh 207 lbs. I have rolled with women who are a million miles ahead of me and it shows in their skill and technique. When I pin them down some of them can create space and snake themselves out and leave me wondering "where the hell did she get the space?" That alone to me is their victory over me not who is submitting who!!!

On my first day of BJJ class I got paired against a girl who was purple. She got me in her guard and I had no idea how to break out of that as no one had showed me. Then she goes for a double collar choke and though I had no defense against it nor did I even know that it was a submission. She tried her best to choke me but was unable to generate enough force to even make the choke uncomfortable for me. She kept trying and trying and I waited to see what the heck it is that she is trying to do. Then she tells me "I win and you lose!" I was like "REALLY? what did you do to me that caused you to win?" She tells me "If I was stronger, you would tap out to that." I still did not understand what she meant until I rolled with a male opponent close to my size and that is when I realized what she did to me would feel like if were were closer to size and strength. It was a check mate.

So if you ask me have I ever been submitted or lost to a woman? I would say no. If you rephrase that question and ask me have I ever rolled with women who convinced me that they had better jiu jitsu than me then I would say plenty.

lol!

I don't like rolling with girls...it's awkward and entirely useless for me considering they're usually like literally half my size

I'm a bigger guy (not the bigGEST - we have guys pushing 300 pounds - but definitely on the bigger side). I do stuff I'm not good at when I roll with women. That way I can still train pretty hard but get growth out of it.

Right now it's leglocks. I spam them like a crazy man - leglocks, leglocks, and more leglocks. I give up position for kneebars, go for toeholds, ankle locks, the whole thing haha I'm a regular Palhares (except that I go REALLY slow and careful instead of ripping on them). It's good too though because when they don't work it makes for a change in position instead of me just crushing etc. When on top I do passes I haven't worked that much on - for awhile I did Gerbil's stepthrough pass and actually have it as a usable tool now. Originally being a very top-heavy grappler, a lot of my open guard game I can credit to working with smaller training partners.

Last edited:
I'm a bigger guy (not the bigGEST - we have guys pushing 300 pounds - but definitely on the bigger side). I do stuff I'm not good at when I roll with women. That way I can still train pretty hard but get growth out of it.

Right now it's leglocks. I spam them like a crazy man - leglocks, leglocks, and more leglocks. I give up position for kneebars, go for toeholds, ankle locks, the whole thing haha I'm a regular Palhares (except that I go REALLY slow and careful instead of ripping on them). It's good too though because when they don't work it makes for a change in position instead of me just crushing etc. When on top I do passes I haven't worked that much on - for awhile I did Gerbil's stepthrough pass and actually have it as a usable tool now. Originally being a very top-heavy grappler, a lot of my open guard game I can credit to working with smaller training partners.

yep whenever I am forced into the situation I just give up my back or let them pass right away so I can work on defense

I like rolling with females. Sometimes you "accidently" get a handful of ass.

Most girls probably wouldn't be comfortable doing it at all. Have you been training this whole time? How many girls have you rolled with? You don't think it would be awkward for a chick mounting you to put her chest in your face or when your in their guard and put your hands on their chest?

When I train with girls I typically go to turtle and let them do what they want because I don't want them to be uncomfortable or think I'm a perveret but that's just me.
The first real fight on the ground I had was with a 14yo girl. While her mom was watching from less than 10 feet away. I was 28.

I was uncomfortable as fuck, she just wanted to smash me.

Fucking vile.

Do you really think it's appropriate to sexually assault a woman under the pretense of being her training partner?

c4b8b7f2a2dd5feaf83d96311488de135bfc74fdd8fedcf479691240c79e32fc.jpg

Fucking vile.

Do you really think it's appropriate to sexually assault a woman under the pretense of being her training partner?
No of course not.

Except if she is wearing yoga pants. :icon_twis
(there is no sexual arousal smiley so this was the closest...)

No of course not.

Except if she is wearing yoga pants. :icon_twis
(there is no sexual arousal smiley so this was the closest...)
You are being a genuinely bad person here. Please stop doing that. You're essentially saying that you would like to sexually assault a training partner under the guise of a training session in a martial art/sport because of what she is wearing. That's vile and should not ever be tolerated or joked about.

I hope - I say "hope" because I have no control over this - that your training partners are far better than this and confront those like you out on this behavior.

For those using the word "girl": if they are adults you should call them what they are, which is women.

Do you call grown men boys?

Back