Who has rolled with a girl before?

I've rolled with a female black belt and MMA fighter before. I thought I was doing pretty well until she took my back and choked me. And then she did it again. Several times.

Once during Karate class a girl nailed me in the nuts with a kick.

I had to sit out and ice myself when I got home.

i have gone against a couple between wrestling and bjj but havent had my ass kicked yet. there are some tough chicks and once rolling starts i treat them as if they were a male.

My first BJJ class (last week) I rolled with a competing girl. Only went for 30 seconds but we both had crotch-to-face situations in about the first 10 seconds then stalemated for the rest (I had a better position but being a n00b had no idea what to do).

Back when I was doing boxing a bit more frequently some Irish chick came and trained with us. I missed the first class she was there and I kept hearing about how good she was. Suffice to say my first punch may have broken her nose . . .

I have been tapped by a girl. She was a purple belt and an mma fighter. I didn't take her seriously and got tapped within 2 minutes. I have always taken her seriously after that.

i just treat BJJ as business, just do it
theres no boys and girls its just a chessboard with 2 arms and legs and a head

on my 1st day of training BJJ we were doing triangles and I was with a girl
needless to say i didn't think anything of it as we were all there for the same reason

I don't like rolling with girls, cause the of the threat of wood at close quarters.

I've rolled with women before, yes, but no girls. The term girl constitutes that they are younger than 18. Not being a dick, but I like to play semantics a lot.

i have, it can be quite nice. one chick was especially talented so it was pretty cool. the other was pretty much like rolling with a flexible clueless tiny little guy.

they smell better than my regular training partners, too.

Roll with girls all the time. We have several at our gym. The worst one is this Brazilian chick that's the same height as I am (6'2). Her guard gives me a lot of problems. She's really nice though, as long as you aren't rolling with her.

I had to roll with this like 5'5 100 pound girl on my first day last week, we were doing a drill where we were switching sides on an armbar from guard repeatedly and I have freakishly long arms, and i kept hitting her in the face because she had wrist control and it was very awkward

I've rolled with women before, yes, but no girls. The term girl constitutes that they are younger than 18. Not being a dick, but I like to play semantics a lot.

Let's not get technical here, I used the word women in the majority of my sentences.

i have, it can be quite nice. one chick was especially talented so it was pretty cool. the other was pretty much like rolling with a flexible clueless tiny little guy.

they smell better than my regular training partners, too.

That's not always true haha...ahh the woman I rolled with, well, didn't exactly smell the best.

I'm kind of surprised here that many people aren't admitting they were beat by a woman. Or think they never would be. I bet Carano or Cyborg would laugh at you.

I'm not sitting here saying any woman would beat my ass, but there were 2 situations in which I doubted a woman, and that would never happen again.

Granted, the first time the woman was a pro boxer and the second time was a purple belt in BJJ, but still. I think it's pretty natural to see a woman and think "yeah theres no way I can lose".

Yea i've had my ass beat by a girl in BJJ. No big deal, if they are better than you then thats just how it is.

What Mr. Miyagi said ^^^^^ no shame getting your ass kicked by a chick in BJJ....

My girlfriend is a white belt, but she reguarly beat guys with 1 or 2 months of training. The problem is that nobody taps to a white belt girl unless they are on the verge of death. One guy began to fall asleep in her triangle choke until she realized and let go; another time, a teenager kept trying to muscle out of her armbar until, rather than tap, he yelled in pain. His arm wasn't broken, but it came very close because he decided to flail around like a dumbass rather than tap.

My advice is to let go of your ego and just roll. If you have to use all your muscle to escape a girl's submission, just tap and learn from it. Going in with the goal of never tapping to a girl detracts from what should be your REAL goal: Learning Brazilian jiu-jitsu.

I'm kind of surprised here that many people aren't admitting they were beat by a woman. Or think they never would be. I bet Carano or Cyborg would laugh at you.

I'm not sitting here saying any woman would beat my ass, but there were 2 situations in which I doubted a woman, and that would never happen again.

Granted, the first time the woman was a pro boxer and the second time was a purple belt in BJJ, but still. I think it's pretty natural to see a woman and think "yeah theres no way I can lose".
well... i've had my training partners tell me they thought they could never get tapped by me either since i have the physique of aoki and weigh like 140lbs.

an average girl would obviously have a strength disadvantage so we might prolong the sub or muscle out of it, but even a 100lbs chick can slap on a triangle and you will either admit she got you or go to sleep exactly the same way you would with a 220lbs dude. there are subs that work for them, and subs that just don't. but to think you can't get tapped by a girl is fairly ignorant.

I read somewhere that if you tap to a girl you're less of a man.

Confirm/deny?

I'm actually waiting for that humbling to occur. I've rolled with 3 or 4 and so far I've been a bit disappointed. 2 were higher belts than myself and I'm not really a big guy so it's not like were talking a 100 lb weight gap and I had zero problems. I'd say at most it was probably like 20-30lbs, which while a decent amount isn't really that much. I've only sparred with one standing and it was only after she complained that people weren't actually pulling the trigger against her so I was like what they hey. I'm not saying they're not out there because I know there are I just haven't seen it yet.

I rolled with a girl who was a black belt in Judo, a very high level one that does international competitions.

Nothing really happened. I spent the entire time in her guard, she reached over my back and grabbed my belt. I couldn't break the grip, she couldn't sweep or submit. That was the end of it.

Back