Who has more of a shot...Amanda Nunes against Cyborg or Nicco Monotana against Valentina?

It wasn't close at all. Holly got her face fucked up. Nunes doesn't have chance. Her boxing doesn't come even close to Cyborg level and i'll bet she wont do shit in ground because Cyborg is training with Gabi Garcia.

Nune's boxing not being Cyborg level ended up being a blessing. Who'd want their boxing skills to regress several years? <45><45><45>

That did not age well.
I was referring to How Amanda was lobbing a slow 1-2 at an immobile Ronda. Her Pocket fighting and hooks surprised and impressed me. why didn't she walk into the pocket and blast Valentina instead of being so cautious and almost losing a decision twice?

I was referring to How Amanda was lobbing a slow 1-2 at an immobile Ronda. Her Pocket fighting and hooks surprised and impressed me. why didn't she walk into the pocket and blast Valentina instead of being so cautious and almost losing a decision twice?
Because the gap in speed between her and Val is similar to the gap between her and Cyborg. Also, Val doesn't brawl, she counterstrikes and manages the distance.
Amanda's cardio has improved a lot, so it'd be interesting to see what she could do now with that style against Val. If she did it last time, Val would have picked her apart from round 3 onward.

Because the gap in speed between her and Val is similar to the gap between her and Cyborg. Also, Val doesn't brawl, she counterstrikes and manages the distance.
Amanda's cardio has improved a lot, so it'd be interesting to see what she could do now with that style against Val. If she did it last time, Val would have picked her apart from round 3 onward.
Amanda says that Cyborg didn't have power, so I'm wondering why she was afraid to be hit by Valentina.

Amanda says that Cyborg didn't have power, so I'm wondering why she was afraid to be hit by Valentina.
She wasn't afraid of being hit, she was afraid of getting outstruck.

She wasn't afraid of being hit, she was afraid of getting outstruck.
My point is that you can't get out-struck if you knock the other person out. This kind of supports my whole point that if Cyborg had come in with her Holly Holm game plan that everyone expected, it would've been a completely different fight and she would've had a good chance of winning by pushing the pace for 5 rounds. That's the fight that everyone who picked Cyborg was expecting. Not sure anyone but Cyborg can be held accountable for her going off the rails like that.

My point is that you can't get out-struck if you knock the other person out. This kind of supports my whole point that if Cyborg had come in with her Holly Holm game plan that everyone expected, it would've been a completely different fight and she would've had a good chance of winning by pushing the pace for 5 rounds. That's the fight that everyone who picked Cyborg was expecting. Not sure anyone but Cyborg can be held accountable for her going off the rails like that.
Amanda knows that Val's technical striking prowess, and most importantly, her striking defense and distance management, is leagues above hers, but she is leagues above her in the power department. She likely knew that she would lose her power advantage quickly if she was not efficient with her shots.

Cyborg, well, Nunes didn't know she had the power advantage until after she got hit. She knew Cyborgs defense was not the best, and she would be goaded into a brawl. Once she knew her boxing and her power were both better... No point in leaving it up to the judges. You were 100% right on there. That one was all on Cyborg for forgetting she wasn't Wanderlei. Could have been a totally different fight, and was a wildly different one than I expected.

Amanda knows that Val's technical striking prowess, and most importantly, her striking defense and distance management, is leagues above hers, but she is leagues above her in the power department. She likely knew that she would lose her power advantage quickly if she was not efficient with her shots.

Cyborg, well, Nunes didn't know she had the power advantage until after she got hit. She knew Cyborgs defense was not the best, and she would be goaded into a brawl. Once she knew her boxing and her power were both better... No point in leaving it up to the judges. You were 100% right on there. That one was all on Cyborg for forgetting she wasn't Wanderlei. Could have been a totally different fight, and was a wildly different one than I expected.
Well said

well Val has arguably beat her so . . . if she had more power she would stop nunes and her bum rush style.

Cris if she can resist the urge to brawl

Other gal is too green and would get tenderized.

Back