Who has had the better career nick Diaz or Jake shields?

So I guess you aren't counting the Gomi fight or the Mayhem fight where he had a chocked locked up on shields where he was about to tap.

I was there for the Gomi match actually. Diaz had a good career, but in my opinion Shields had the overall better career. This thread is going to have different two different opinions about two fighters, thats all. And we will disagree and thats fine.

In terms of wins over names, I'd say it's easily Jake. If you think about the impact and popularity and money...I believe Nick Diaz takes the cake. He's a huge player in the game in a weird way, and everyone wants to see him fight.

The only people who thinks he's good are those guys who thinks that swearing and acting like a complete idiot is badass.
Sounds like a perfect description of Conor nuthuggers. Not Conor fans. Conor nuthuggers.

For the record as well the few times I saw them roll gi or no gi in the gym Jake definitely was better

Trained with both for the record

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

Diaz took similarly powerful shots from Daley and ktfo him
Henderson > Daley

Henderson = going to be remembered as one of the greatest mma fighters in history.

Daley = going to be remembered as the guy that punched Koscheck after the bell and got kicked out of the UFC permanently.

Nick couldn't beat Condit

Jake beat Condit and Ushin Okami on the same fucking night!

Depends on your criteria.

Jake has more accomplishments and a better resume.

But this is professional fighting, and you can take that as meaning your goal is to make as much money possible, and Nicks made a lot more than Jake.

I'd rather be Nick.

Shields probably has the better list of wins

Nobody ever thinks about him when they talk about the all time greats but he is one

Henderson > Daley

Henderson = going to be remembered as one of the greatest mma fighters in history.

Daley = going to be remembered as the guy that punched Koscheck after the bell and got kicked out of the UFC permanently.
I do honestly like sheilds, and it seems like I'm just bashing him in this threat, but hendo did have a serious back injury...

I do honestly like sheilds, and it seems like I'm just bashing him in this threat, but hendo did have a serious back injury...
I didn't know that. I felt Strikeforce was ultra disrespectful to Shields anyway. They brought in Dan to take the belt from Jake and promoted the fight like that. Isn't that the fight that the brawl broke out because Mayhem ran into the cage and said "when you going to give me my rematch" to Shields and the Diazs and Melendez whooped on him?

Jake clearly has the better resume. But Nick gets paid better (when he actually fights).

Diaz went from 160 to 185 and destroyed Frank Shamrock / Scott Smith. Sheilds dry humping Hendo does not compare.
Stop lying to yourself trying to compare 2009 Frank Shamrock to 2010 Dan Henderson.

They've had very similar careers, really. Both were champs in Strikeforce but couldn't really get there in the UFC. I'd say that Shields has bigger wins in Dan Henderson, Demian Maia (although just a joke of a decision. Seriously. A Joke), and Tyron Woodley. I'd put those three wins up against anything on Diaz's record.

Back