Who has had bad experiences with Christians?

My family is Catholic and some can be described as hypocrites no matter how hard they say they follow the faith. I let that go and decided I would just try and love a quiet life and try not to hurt others and if there's a God he can judge me accordingly. Otherwise whatever, but I can say I've been cut off and acosted in traffic more by cars sporting "coexist" in the different relgion symbols and Christian fish. Apparently "love thy neighbor" and all that jazz doesn't extend inside a car.

I would also say this: probably the vast majority of people you know that say they are Christians, are not really Christians. I don't think believing in God or Jesus makes you a Christian. You have to put God in the center of your life, or at least be trying to make that the case, in order to be considered an actual Christian.

Really... the term 'Christian' is so loaded, I don't like to use it. Faith in God is about a personal relationship with the Creator. I grew up in church and I feel like I didn't really even understand what that meant until last year.

rPNCqww.jpg

We'll certainly after reading the religious Christians on this board, I can confidently say I've never come across a more evil, hateful group of people. Downright scary that they are even allowed to vote.

Useless statistic. What percentage of prisoners in India are Hindu I wonder?
LOL, he said 70% of prisoners

well seeing as how less than 1/2 of 1 % of Americans are prisoners and the 70% of them are christian, he is talking about a statistically small and unimportant number.

I would also say this: probably the vast majority of people you know that say they are Christians, are not really Christians. I don't think believing in God or Jesus makes you a Christian. You have to put God in the center of your life, or at least be trying to make that the case, in order to be considered an actual Christian.

Really... the term 'Christian' is so loaded, I don't like to use it. Faith in God is about a personal relationship with the Creator. I grew up in church and I feel like I didn't really even understand what that meant until last year.

Yes, it's pretty easy to find hypocritical Christians. But with Christians, you hope they arent very devout

Yes, it's pretty easy to find hypocritical Christians. But with Christians, you hope they arent very devout

Maybe you mean, 'devout' in the sense that they aren't 'hardline' or 'conservative' but most of those people probably aren't even Christians. Christianity isn't a set of rules or external morality enforcing, like being against gay marriage or something, it's about loving God and sacrificing for others.

I grew up in a small catholic community. My parents are business owners and also main donors to our church along with the other families. I had a pretty normal childhood and went to sunday school to hangout with the other kids at church. Every Sunday I invited my friends from church over to play some mario kart and watch Dragonball Z and our parents were off eating talking business somewhere. It was weird since our community wasn't super religious and the fun part of our church was the "spiritual" youth group trips to different parts of the world. I stopped being active at church in high school and college but still go from time to time and during christmas service. Its weird when I see people hate christians for no reason other than being inclusive in their day to day activities LOL.

Maybe you mean, 'devout' in the sense that they aren't 'hardline' or 'conservative' but most of those people probably aren't even Christians. Christianity isn't a set of rules or external morality enforcing, like being against gay marriage or something, it's about loving God and sacrificing for others.
Yeah, that was he question. Even "hardline" Chdristians, just give a few examples of how bad they are. We're 5 pages in and i've seen none.

Yeah, that was he question. Even "hardline" Chdristians, just give a few examples of how bad they are. We're 5 pages in and i've seen none.

Not sure what you're saying here. I was responding to you saying, "with Christians you don't want them to be very devout" and I was questioning what your definition of 'devotion' was.

I've had plenty of bad experiences of people who say they're Christian, I could say a whole lot of shit. Almost everyone down here says they're a Christian. That's the problem, when it's so mainstream, you get everyone saying "Yeah, I love Jesus!" when, really, they just want to fit in to the wider culture and they haven't tried to change their lives at all.

Christians, even ones who ARE devout, are just humans like everyone else.

Hypocrisy. So much hypocrisy by so many people. As a child / teen I was more disgusted by their lack of self-awareness than the fact they were blazing hypocrties.

Not sure what you're saying here. I was responding to you saying, "with Christians you don't want them to be very devout" and I was questioning what your definition of 'devotion' was.

I've had plenty of bad experiences of people who say they're Christian, I could say a whole lot of shit. Almost everyone down here says they're a Christian. That's the problem, when it's so mainstream, you get everyone saying "Yeah, I love Jesus!" when, really, they just want to fit in to the wider culture and they haven't tried to change their lives at all.

Christians, even ones who ARE devout, are just humans like everyone else.
Stiories please. I believe you, but want some evidence. I guess you're from the south, in which case you probably do have a few, I"m from SC, moved to HI last moth, and there is a little anti-white racism here but it's really not that bad/

I live in a Christian majority country so there are numerous time I had problens with asshole christians.

In my experience its mostly the burn againts ( "Born Again" ) that are rude and confrontational.

A lady once thought that I am a Born again because she noticed that I don't participate in the Catholic prayers at school she ranted about how bad the Catholics are perpetuating lies and shit.

And when she found out I am an Atheist she made up stories about me being Satanist and whatnot.

Well she was put in her place by the other "Christians" that she putdown for being Catholics.

I became popular because of her though. I Gained a lot Friends from other Born Again Christians to Atheist and Secularist Deists.

She is ugly too she looks like an old Rabit. And they sure rubbed it in.

My family is Catholic and some can be described as hypocrites no matter how hard they say they follow the faith. I let that go and decided I would just try and love a quiet life and try not to hurt others and if there's a God he can judge me accordingly. Otherwise whatever, but I can say I've been cut off and acosted in traffic more by cars sporting "coexist" in the different relgion symbols and Christian fish. Apparently "love thy neighbor" and all that jazz doesn't extend inside a car.

May we all love better.

Last edited:
With all the complaining about how Christians are bigots, crusades etc, and given how many Americans are Christian, surely some of you must have been beaten, robbed, or somehow victimized by Christians. Not talking polls about gay marriage, I mean you personally, have you ever had any experience with Christian violence or met one who wasn't nice? I've met a couple of whores who claim to be Catholic, but overall, Christians and Mormons seem to be the nicest and least hateful people. Any contradictory stories are welcome.

Why is it that Atheist are always fat, smelly neckbeards who seem to be socially retarded and act like the world revolves around them? I remember in school it was always the same type of losers everyone kind of ignored who claim to be atheist and wear metallica t shirts. truth be told Atheist are the worst kind judgmental pricks and they know it deep down inside LOL.

Back