Who has had bad experiences with Christians?

If you're the victim of any crime in India, there is a 70% chance that a Hindu did it to you. If you're the victim of a crime in Saudi Arabia, there is a 99% chance a Muslim did it to you.

Useless statistic.
Its not useless because we're not talking about India, Saudi Arabia, or any other shithole - My experience is an American one. The vast majority of Americans identify as Christian, so its very easy to assume that of the very many shitty people I've encountered in life many have been Christian.

I played tennis college, so all my good friends were Swedish, Moroccan, and Bolivian, so I learned all their languages and subsequently visited them. IMO, Swedish culture was best in the 80s and 90s and now it's not the same place it was. I went to Orebro and Gothenburg, and spoke much better Swedish at the time. NU, jag kan tala lite men jag forsta inte so mycket. I read better than I speak now.

That's interesting, what do you feel has changed? I can't say that I've noticed any special change myself, other than things that seem to on in other similar countries, but it's often interesting to hear experiences of outsiders as they get a different point of view.

Something that definitely was better in the 80s and 90s than now is Swedish tennis.

Damn Jews.

im not certain what your response means other then maybe you are saying my assumption of people i have had bad experiences with is as accurate as assuming it was jews or some other religion. My assumption is just based on the fact this is a primarily christian country, but you are correct i dont know for certain. but thats kind of my point. Every single one of on here has had shitty interactions or been treated badly by christians at some point in their life, we just dont go around with labels on our shirt announcing all of our beliefs. I think the thread would be better titled "have you had bad experiences in the name of christianity".

Well, then your thread is just pretty retarded. You expect people to stop and ask the religion of the shitty people who do fucked up things to them? That's insane.

I was raped by Jesus tho.

OK, so nothing.
Correct I don't know really any so I guess I shouldn't of answered.
Are you Christian? Next time this question comes up I can say nostra was mean to me. ;)

No, not Christian. I don't believe in any God, but I am from SC, so most people around there are Christian. We've had a good number of abortion protesters at the state house and voting against "alternative lifestyles", but not really any violence of any kind.

OK, so nothing.

No, not Christian. I don't believe in any God, but I am from SC, so most people around there are Christian. We've had a good number of abortion protesters at the state house and voting against "alternative lifestyles", but not really any violence of any kind.
lol - living up to your handle ITT buddy.

That's interesting, what do you feel has changed? I can't say that I've noticed that much change myself, other than things that seem to on in other similar countries, but it's often interesting to hear experiences of outsiders as they get a different point of view.

Something that definitely was better in the 80s and 90s than now is Swedish tennis.
My one friend always refers to 80s and 90s and the "golden age" for Sweden. His dad is from Spain, so he said there was just him and one other kid with Greek last name, and all the rest had a "son" last name. I guess crime was almost non-existent, but people came from Poland to commit crimes, since Swedish prison was nicer than being a home-owner in Poland. I was in Orebro in 2005 and it was still a really nice place, and my friend's family was awesome, but I guess the pockets of trouble are getting bigger, and especially Stockholm is not as safe as it was.

My one friend always refers to 80s and 90s and the "golden age" for Sweden. His dad is from Spain, so he said there was just him and one other kid with Greek last name, and all the rest had a "son" last name. I guess crime was almost non-existent, but people came from Poland to commit crimes, since Swedish prison was nicer than being a home-owner in Poland. I was in Orebro in 2005 and it was still a really nice place, and my friend's family was awesome, but I guess the pockets of trouble are getting bigger, and especially Stockholm is not as safe as it was.

I'd include the 70s as Borg won 12 of his grand slams in that decade, although I guess the entertaining rivalry with McEnroe was in the early 80s.

As for crime, it's actually consistently gone down since the mid 90s. Of course it's always possible that certain areas and certain crimes can have different experiences than national statistics. But there's of course things that have gotten worse. The Swedish welfare quality has gone down and it's a harsher climate for people with disabilities being forced to work etc. And of course Sweden is no exception to the far right nationalistic winds that blow through Europe, which isn't exactly bringing the most stable political climate.

im not certain what your response means other then maybe you are saying my assumption of people i have had bad experiences with is as accurate as assuming it was jews or some other religion. My assumption is just based on the fact this is a primarily christian country, but you are correct i dont know for certain. but thats kind of my point. Every single one of on here has had shitty interactions or been treated badly by christians at some point in their life, we just dont go around with labels on our shirt announcing all of our beliefs. I think the thread would be better titled "have you had bad experiences in the name of christianity".
Did you read any of the responses? Almost nobody has any negative interactions with any Christians. The entire thread is about examples of you being victimized by Christian, and you just say "everyone has been victimized somehow". Good lord, respect for holding your position despite a complete lack of any evidence.

Did you read any of the responses? Almost nobody has any negative interactions with any Christians. The entire thread is about examples of you being victimized by Christian, and you just say "everyone has been victimized somehow". Good lord, respect for holding your position despite a complete lack of any evidence.

so i guess you prefer to appraoch this thread with your head in the sand and be stubborn.

I'd include the 70s as Borg won 12 of his grand slams in that decade, although I guess the entertaining rivalry with McEnroe was in the early 80s.

As for crime, it's actually consistently gone down since the mid 90s. Of course it's always possible that certain areas and certain crimes can have different experiences than national statistics. But there's of course things that have gotten worse. The Swedish welfare quality has gone down and it's a harsher climate for people with disabilities being forced to work etc. And of course Sweden is no exception to the far right nationalistic winds that blow through Europe, which isn't exactly bringing the most stable political climate.
Yeah, Gothenburg is a big city, Orebro not so much, so it probably varies by the city, though I guess most people from Orebro move further into town after college, and the crime rate goes up in big cities. My friend who said that lives in NJ now, and his parents spend most of their time in Spain.

With all the complaining about how Christians are bigots, crusades etc, and given how many Americans are Christian, surely some of you must have been beaten, robbed, or somehow victimized by Christians. Not talking polls about gay marriage, I mean you personally, have you ever had any experience with Christian violence or met one who wasn't nice? I've met a couple of whores who claim to be Catholic, but overall, Christians and Mormons seem to be the nicest and least hateful people. Any contradictory stories are welcome.
heard a story once about widespread child rape by catholic priests, that ever substantiated?

Other than being super prude or douchey, nothing really. But a Muslim shot up a building down the street from me.

so i guess you prefer to appraoch this thread with your head in the sand and be stubborn.
No, I'm asking for evidence that any of the claims of dangerous Christians are true. So far there is none. If someone disagrees with me, that's inconvenient at best. If they're violent, that's an entirely different discussion.

heard a story once about widespread child rape by catholic priests, that ever substantiated?
Yeah, and everyone now has their eye on priests. Nobody ever said #notall and just ignored it. I'd never leave my kid alone with a priest. Even the non-molesting priests, I've still got my eye on jusut because their profession attracts so many pedos.

True, but actions like that are sins in Christian doctrine and frowned upon and condemned by 99.9999% of the Christian community,

You should take a poll and ask Muslims if they think that having sex with a nine year old is a sin........

I have bad experiences with humans. They're all scumbags.

I would also say this: probably the vast majority of people you know that say they are Christians, are not really Christians. I don't think believing in God or Jesus makes you a Christian. You have to put God in the center of your life, or at least be trying to make that the case, in order to be considered an actual Christian.

Really... the term 'Christian' is so loaded, I don't like to use it. Faith in God is about a personal relationship with the Creator. I grew up in church and I feel like I didn't really even understand what that meant until last year.

I often wonder if the most militant atheists hatred of Christianity stems from bad childhood experiences with Christians. Especially when they don't seem to care about other religions nearly as much.

I've always liked this quote by Einstein:
“I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being.”

I often wonder if the most militant atheists hatred of Christianity stems from bad childhood experiences with Christians. Especially when they don't seem to care about other religions nearly as much.

I've always liked this quote by Einstein:
Yes, sir. I'm am completely in accordance with that stance. That is, hands down, the most intelligent take on religion that has ever existed. There really isn't any way that anybody of any religion is going to talk me into buying their nonsense, but some are certainly more imposing than others. As an atheist, I would like more jews, christians, and mormons. You can see in this thread that pretty much nobody has had any negative interactions with any of those groups.

I've always been an atheist, and was a lot more aggressive about it in my early 20s, but now I'm pretty much only concerned with who could do me harm. I still love Christopher Hitchens' debates, because he is a joy to listen to, but I'm not always on board with his claims of religion poisoning everything.

Back