Who has Conor fought though...?

Armitage Shanks

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
...cause he damn sure hasn't fought anyone in the top five...

He's only taken on two guys in the top ten. He looked great yesterday, but certainly not time to get carried away, and I don't think he deserves his shot yet.

Poirier and Siver are quality wins. But he hasn't fought a Chad Mendes, etc. I don't think a title shot is completely out of the question though.

I'm not sure he has fought anyone in the top 1.

That's just laughable.

I like it better this way. He's more of an unknown quantity. Aldo doesn't know exactly what kind of fighter he's going to be fighting. Could be some world beater, could be a pile of hype.

He's only taken on two guys in the top ten. He looked great yesterday, but certainly not time to get carried away, and i don't think he deserves his shot yet.

gtfo

How is it laughable? You guys are the same people who though Uriah Hall was gonna walk into the Middleweight belt. He has potential, but I Mendez is a horrible match up for him...

Who cares? He is the highest ranked guy that hasn't faced Aldo yet. Let him fight for the title.

I guess people just want to see boring rematches with lamas and edgar instead of watching an exciting different type of striker get a shot.

Just chill out, its going to be an amazing fight.

In reality he has fought one decent guy in Porier but that's really it. And Dustin himself hasn't really proved himself against the top fighters.

He's fighting Aldo next. So this whining about the level of competition needs to stop, his next fight is the top fighter in the division and probably the greatest featherweight ever.

He looked really good last night. However, a good wrestler will beat him with relative ease. I do think Aldo is going to whoop him, but I will be pulling for Conor.

Got a better idea on who can fight Aldo next?

Edgar or Swanson deserve a rematch. Conor's right when he talks about the division, though...it really is full of has-beens and no-marks. I'm not against Conor, I'd like to see him grow, but I think Aldo's too soon. It was only two years ago he was fighting chumps in CWFC.

He's only taken on two guys in the top ten. He looked great yesterday, but certainly not time to get carried away, and I don't think he deserves his shot yet.

whether he deserves it (or whether mendes deserved his first shot, or lamas deserved his, or kz deserved his, or edgar deserved his, or kflo deserved his, or hominick deserved his, well, you get the point), he'll have a chance to show where he stands.

that's the beauty - if you aren't up for the task, we see it in the cage.

Max Holloway is his best win. Of Conor's wins, Holloway is the only one with the potential to be a #1 contender some day.

He's fighting Aldo next. So this whining about the level of competition needs to stop, his next fight is the top fighter in the division and probably the greatest featherweight ever.

You're assuming I'm not a McGregor fan. I want to see him do well, but he needs time to develop. Not much time, but I think one or two more fights against elite competition.

Back