Who has better TDD? Gaethje? or Chandler?

Khabib's leg was already hurting. That pressure and pace neutralized what Justin wanted to do. Khabib was on a mission that night. Some of his best takedown work ever was in that fight. Whoever was in that cage that night against him was getting mauled and submitted. No one can convince me differently.
100% agree

Khabib got better every single fight, and he peaked against Gaethje

We'll never know because Khabib retired, but that could've been the P4P GOAT that fought Gaethje that night

100% agree

Khabib got better every single fight, and he peaked against Gaethje

We'll never know because Khabib retired, but that could've been the P4P GOAT that fought Gaethje that night

I almost prefer that Khabib ran through everyone at the end there and just retired. He's rich. Let him enjoy his life.

I almost prefer that Khabib ran through everyone at the end there and just retired. He's rich. Let him enjoy his life.
Yeah it would've been interesting to see how far he could've gone though

Think if GSP or Jon Jones, or Anderson Silva retired after 3 defenses... a lot of great moments would've never happened

Khabib's leg was already hurting. That pressure and pace neutralized what Justin wanted to do. Khabib was on a mission that night. Some of his best takedown work ever was in that fight. Whoever was in that cage that night against him was getting mauled and submitted. No one can convince me differently.

What about Francis 2.0? :p

In all seriousness, I agree. Khabib looked spectacular that night how he put a pace on Justin both in the standup and with his wrestling. He just wanted to get his job done and get out of there. I don't think Justin's inability to halt him sinks his stock as badly as some make out on here at times -- though that's not to say that Gaethje doesn't have holes in his game that could use some patching up.

What about Francis 2.0? :p

In all seriousness, I agree. Khabib looked spectacular that night how he put a pace on Justin both in the standup and with his wrestling. He just wanted to get his job done and get out of there. I don't think Justin's inability to halt him sinks his stock as badly as some make out on here at times -- though that's not to say that Gaethje doesn't have holes in his game that could use some patching up.

I should have clarified that I meant anyone in the division, not just anyone in general. In reality, most of the top guys at 155 have opportunities. That's why despite their evident top tier skill, it truly is a shark tank and anyone can beat each other on any night.

I should have clarified that I meant anyone in the division, not just anyone in general. In reality, most of the top guys at 155 have opportunities. That's why despite their evident top tier skill, it truly is a shark tank and anyone can beat each other on any night.

I know, I was just fucking with ya.

And I'm in total agreement. I would have favored Khabib over any of the top contenders (and while I'm glad he got a great streak to retire on, part of me would have liked to have seen him answer the stylistic match-ups posed by Olives/Chandler/Dariush), but now that he's gone I feel like no given Lightweight champion is going to rack up more than 1-2 title defenses at most. The belt is going to be on hot-potato status for the foreseeable future unless Islam proves to be as dominant as his mentor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back