Who has better TDD, Aldo or Penn?

Still, you'd have to expect guys to gas fighting someone 30 lbs heavier.

Aldo is not known for a gas tank either.

You might have missed my edit to the first post you quoted.

Aldos gas seems fine only issue was a one time deal vs Hominick.

I doubt Sherk could even get near Aldo.
Sherk wrecked top flight competition at 170 despite being a guy that should have fought at 155. Guy has a 36-4 record for a reason. And more than half were by stoppage.

Sherk wrecked top flight competition at 170 despite being a guy that should have fought at 155. Guy has a 36-4 record for a reason. And more than half were by stoppage.

I know he's an all-time great; no denying that. But I don't think his blast double leg attack would work on Aldo. He's too savvy.

Some guys keep mentioning Sherk but am I wrong in recalling that he didnt really shoot vs Penn? And that it was mostly a boxing match + flying knee in the end.

I think stuffing Frankie Edgar is comparable to stuffing Hughes and pre-Serra GSP. It's mmath but I found it crazy how easily FE threw Bendo around in their fights. And Bendo had some really amazing wrestling performances himself.

3.gif

Prime Hughes, considered #1 P4P GOAT at the time, who rag dolled everyone and continued to do so after this, goes for the take down and gets tossed on his back.
He got hurt by a punch tho

BJ Penn by a smidgen.

When you are stuffing shots from Fitch, St. Pierre, Hughes, Sherk and so on, it's tough to pick against him in an all-time list.

Aldo's ridiculous TDD against Mendes x2 and Edgar x2 is really amazing also - but I have a hard time picking that over Penn.

I think Aldo vs Khabib would be a better gauge.

Bendo had a hard time getting Pettis down.

KBear may be on a whole other level than GSP. Bendo looked about the same.

Some guys keep mentioning Sherk but am I wrong in recalling that he didnt really shoot vs Penn? And that it was mostly a boxing match + flying knee in the end.

I think stuffing Frankie Edgar is comparable to stuffing Hughes and pre-Serra GSP. It's mmath but I found it crazy how easily FE threw Bendo around in their fights. And Bendo had some really amazing wrestling performances himself.

Attempted one.

He never felt comfortable shooting on Penn because Penn was keeping a good range. People knock on Sherk for standing with Penn but don't realize that part of wrestling is finding the right range and timing to initiate.

He wanted to but couldn't set it up. This is a guy who spammed takedowns in every fight. He didn't just decide to stand for a whole fight. He felt that he couldn't get Penn down.

Well, a BJJ guy that still haven't finished anyone by sub in his WEC/UFC Run. Aldo fights don't hit the ground. When he gets taken down, he's back up quickly, or you eat a knee.

Back