Who had the more impressive title reign: Fedor or Dj?

Fedor's wins over Nog > DJ's career. and I say this as someone who has defended DJ numerous times and the 125 division.

Fedor simply fought better fighters. DJ hasn't fought cans like everyone suggests, but, none of them are considered elite fighters in the world of MMA.

Big Nog was considered the #1 fighter in the sport in 2002/03
So true

I think we all agree Fedor's legacy is a bit more legit, but lets not pretend red is blue..... Fedor fought journeymen, prospects, and freak shows. Zulu and Choi? Borg and Elliot's records smash Zulu and Choi. Not to mention Fedor also has lost against people who he should have beat, Mitrione for example..... DJ has beat everyone, and only just lost an arguable split.

Dude was like 7 years past his prime when he lost to Mitrione.

zzz54zz.jpg

DJ defended the title against Chris f*cking Cariaso, so yeah

The guy who had to worry about even cans potentially being dangerous enough to hurt him with punches.

Fedor fought weaker competition than GSP Jones & Silva but Fedor still beats DJs level of competition by a landslide.

DJ should never be in the conversation about GOAT or P4P best.

Demetrious never fought anyone close to Nog or Mirko

Fedor in his run for for a decade and 33 fights was never outsturuck, dropped, or outgruappled and lose a total of 1 round.........which was to Arona

Demetrious lost multiple rounds to Dodson, JoeB and even lost a round to fucking Tim Elliot rofl lmao i was like lmao

He also got dropped like 2 or 3 times by Dodson and was outstruck standing by Kyoji and Elliot. In the brief gurappling moments of the 1st Cejudo fight he got taken down and didnt do much else either. Fedor was far more dominant and in a division where one mistake could be the end of ur night and still NEVER got dropped for a decade...............

Demetrious is top 5 alltime but he doesnt sniff the Emperors hairy Russian asscheeks

Dodson and Benavidez are great wins and both are underrated. Horiguchi and Cejudo are very good wins too; MM just caught them a little early on. Heck even the win over Ali was impressive - Outcardio'd a guy on EPO. Moraga, Elliot, Reis, Cariaso are all journeymen but he beat the breaks off them all apart from Elliot, who is a huge flw.

I don't think the answer is as straightforwad as people are making it out to be, but Fedor is a hero to a lot of people and DJ is a scared manlet. Cro Cop and Nog are fantastic wins, and then you have big names like Coleman and Randleman (he was a good athlete and hit hard) who were wrestlers who couldn't defend submissions, and then there's Hunt who was admittedly much bigger, but the guy was a novice on the ground. I know he beat Wand around this time, but styles make fights. Fujita wasn't anything special. Ogawa and Goodridge are decent wins but imo he has two opponents from the list here that I would consider elite mixed martial artists.

Benavidez and Dodson are elite in my mind (certainly at the time of fighting), and Horiguchi and Cejudo are undoubtedly elite now, and were good, (perhaps better than good) fighters when DJ fought them.

If I had to make a top 5 out of the names, I'd pick Nog and Cro Cop from Fedor's opponents, and then Dodson, Benavidez and Cejudo from DJ's. You can argue about how dangerous HW is, how Fedor had a size disadvantage, how flyweights have no stopping power, how DJ is a manlet and how Zuluzinho would be able to eat all of DJ's oponents in 3 bites, but this isn't a blowout in Fedor's favor at all imo.

<{cum@me}>

I have already read your shit and its a waste of time.

If someone always says the same thing 100 times as e.g. "Fedor ducked overeem" then you simply have no desire to answer it.

Fedor only ducked one man: Brock Lesnar
He ducked Overeem and Bork

LOL, you kids are unreal. Fedor. Read the name slowly and mouth out the words if it helps.

Can always spot the casuals or new guys by these threads.

Fedor.
DJ never fought anyone that outweighed him by 80 pounds
Couple of things. Weight becomes less important at heavyweight and generally the higher up in weight you go. At heavyweight, the more skilled fighter tends to win, like Fedor, DC, Cain, etc. Also, these bigger guys Fedor fought were unskilled for the most part. Even Hunt had a lot of holes in his game when he fought Fedor which he shored up when he went on his run in the UFC, and even then he wasn't good enough to be champion. He also gave Fedor a lot of trouble despite being a lesser fighter at the time.

Couple of things. Weight becomes less important at heavyweight and generally the higher up in weight you go. At heavyweight, the more skilled fighter tends to win, like Fedor, DC, Cain, etc. Also, these bigger guys Fedor fought were unskilled for the most part. Even Hunt had a lot of holes in his game when he fought Fedor which he shored up when he went on his run in the UFC, and even then he wasn't good enough to be champion. He also gave Fedor a lot of trouble despite being a lesser fighter at the time.
Hunt had him in trouble on the ground even iirc lol. I think he nearly had a kimura.

In their respective divisions, who was the more dominate champion: Fedor in Pride or DJ in the UFC?

Fedor: 11 wins after capturing the Pride Heavyweight Championship in 2004
- 2 KOs
- 7 Submissions
- 3 Decisions
- Combined opponent's record: 173-57 (75% winning percentage)

Demetrious Johnson: 11 title defenses after capturing the UFC Bantamweight Championship in 2012
- 2 KOs
- 5 Submissions
- 5 Decisions
- Combined opponent's record: 180-40 (82% winning percentage)

View attachment 419321

Dude. You cannot be impressive by beating up kid sized men.

Hunt had him in trouble on the ground even iirc lol. I think he nearly had a kimura.
Yeah, I remember that. That was when the cracks were starting to show in Fedor's game, even though he finished all those guys eventually. Even Brett "Buck" Rogers had Fedor in trouble on the ground before Fedor knocked him out standing.

Back