Who had the hardest punch record before Francis Ngannou?

That’s a reach imo. If Tyson fought someone and lost this decade, I wouldn’t say he was one of the hardest punchers of the last decade. We can agree to disagree though.
So why did you even bring up Liddell in your post? Chuck has 2 fights the last 10 years and didn't demonstrate punching power in either of them

Your mention of Liddell made me think you were considering anyone who's fought in the past 10 years

He’s got 19 KOs and tkos in a 26 fight career. Considering most of those fights are at fw and lw, I’d say that’s really impressive
He is more of a precision guy than a pure power puncher. Most of his tkos are people balling up, waiting for the ref to stop it.

He is more of a precision guy than a pure power puncher. Most of his tkos are people balling up, waiting for the ref to stop it.

Who at LW and FW has more KOs or TKOs p/fight? Not many at those weights are KOing people clean regularly.

Who had the hardest punch record before Francis Ngannou?

Whoever the UFC feels to promote at that time gets this most important record in MMA history:
UFC Punch Record Yeah!!

XO538b.gif

I heard Dana will create a punch record title.
In the future the fighters wont even have to fight anymore to decide whose best.

Who at LW and FW has more KOs or TKOs p/fight? Not many at those weights are KOing people clean regularly.
McGregor is a knockout artist but he still doesnt have the strongest punches at lightweight and doesn't belong on a p4p list. Precision over power is why Conor Ko's so many people.

McGregor is a knockout artist but he still doesnt have the strongest punches at lightweight and doesn't belong on a p4p list. Precision over power is why Conor Ko's so many people.

So who do you have over him?

The fact is, that when he hits anyone in the head in the first 2 round when he has his power, they go down. In his last 10 fights, everyone apart from Khabib has been knocked down and 8 of them have been finished. He's precise but he's also clearly very powerful with his punches.

So who do you have over him?

The fact is, that when he hits anyone in the head in the first 2 round when he has his power, they go down. In his last 10 fights, everyone apart from Khabib has been knocked down and 8 of them have been finished. He's precise but he's also clearly very powerful with his punches.
Off the top of my head I wouldn't say he's a more powerful punch her than Melvin Guillard, Justin gaethje, and Chad Mendes just from lw and fw.

Francis Ngannou apparently has the punch record at 129,000 units (whatever that means). They say his punch is like getting hit by a sledgehammer or a car.

I tried to look up the hardest puncher before him but can't seem to find anything definitive. I see some mentions of Mike Tyson, Joe Louis, and the like. Was this just something folks weren't keeping record of or was there some record holder that Francis Ngannou displaced?
Tyrone spong kickboxer

There's no agreed upon standard for measuring punching power... it's all circus bs.

It would be cool to see this studied scientifically, there are at least four factors to a knockout punch:

1) force
2) speed
3) timing
4) placement

It showed up the the Richter scale as an 8.0 Earth Quake, terrifying power there.
the ufc performance institute estimated that if the hammer fist was landed on a standing target, it would have the force of an F5 tornado

Off the top of my head I wouldn't say he's a more powerful punch her than Melvin Guillard, Justin gaethje, and Chad Mendes just from lw and fw.

In the last decade, Melvin has had 3 KOs or TKOs from punches. His punch power is definitely overrated around here. Chad Mendes has done better, but still not as good as Conor in terms of KO %age. You could also see that when they fought and how they took each other punches. I'll give you Getthje as being up there with Conor though. He can definitely bang too.

However, when Poirier and Eddie took Conor's punches they crumbled, but they managed to take Gaethje's and beat him. With that in mind, how can you honestly say that Conor doesn't hit as hard if not harder?

Whoever the UFC feels to promote at that time gets this most important record in MMA history:
UFC Punch Record Yeah!!

XO538b.gif

I heard Dana will create a punch record title.
In the future the fighters wont even have to fight anymore to decide whose best.

That sounds cool. I predict more Sherdog arguments.

Back