Who had the hardest punch record before Francis Ngannou?

Damn, people really forgot about Carwin huh? Its a shame because he was a monster and his short punches were knocking people silly.

Carwin then rumble then ngannou. All were the power punchers of their time.

Ngannous punch is as hard as sledgehammer but Conors is the same but with added 20 mph:confused:, so confused with today's fist stats.

artemcln.png

Francis Ngannou apparently has the punch record at 129,000 units (whatever that means). They say his punch is like getting hit by a sledgehammer or a car.

I tried to look up the hardest puncher before him but can't seem to find anything definitive. I see some mentions of Mike Tyson, Joe Louis, and the like. Was this just something folks weren't keeping record of or was there some record holder that Francis Ngannou displaced?

Ngannou the most powerful overall punch only at the UFC PI not all time.

Rogan has the most powerful overall strike recorded at the PI with his spinning back kick.

The hardest puncher should have a lot of KO's on his resume. Conor doesn't have a handful of them. Lombard has a lot of them.

He’s got 19 KOs and tkos in a 26 fight career. Considering most of those fights are at fw and lw, I’d say that’s really impressive

Conor out and Jeremy Stephens in.
I'd even go as far as saying that Stephens isn't just in front of Conor in terms ot p4p-power, but also in absolute power.

I believe Conor has a higher ko/tko rate than Stephens

In MMA, I'd say the hardest P4P punchers over the last 10 years (in no particular order) are:

Rumble
Hunt
Ngannou
Conor
Lineker
Hendo
Fedor
Lombard

Chuck hit hard, but that was in an era where he had the luxury of fighting a lot of people with next to no striking defence.
No Carwin or Manhoef: list invalid

No Carwin or Manhoef: list invalid
Again, I said “last 10 years”. I fucked up not putting Melvin in though, mainly because he hasn’t beaten anyone of note for a while. Still great to watch though

In MMA, I'd say the hardest P4P punchers over the last 10 years (in no particular order) are:

Rumble
Hunt
Ngannou
Conor
Lineker
Hendo
Fedor
Lombard

Chuck hit hard, but that was in an era where he had the luxury of fighting a lot of people with next to no striking defence.

"striking defence" ... Blaydes is a C level wrestler with 0 striking defence.

I bet you cant even show me 5 HWs with the upper torso and headmovement of a top 50 WMMA fighter.

Again, I said “last 10 years”. I fucked up not putting Melvin in though, mainly because he hasn’t beaten anyone of note for a while. Still great to watch though
Carwin had 2 fights in the last 10 years so he’s eligible. Just because he lost those fights doesn’t mean he still didn’t have his punching power

Unless I just misinterpreted your OP and you meant demonstrated punching power or something

Carwin had 2 fights in the last 10 years so he’s eligible. Just because he lost those fights doesn’t mean he still didn’t have his punching power

Unless I just misinterpreted your OP and you meant demonstrated punching power or something
That’s a reach imo. If Tyson fought someone and lost this decade, I wouldn’t say he was one of the hardest punchers of the last decade. We can agree to disagree though.

Back