Who had it worse: Silva or Jones?

RealVision116

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
In the past few years, Jones and Silva have both been through some life trials. From Jones getting a DUI and a hit and run, to Silva breaking his leg, and to both fighters getting busted for drugs and losing their championship titles. Silva is the first of the two GOATS to return to the ring, but out of the two who do you think had a harder time these past couple years?
Just a random discussion.

I think jones. Silva gets shit (and rightfully so) for one incident that was drawn out over ridiculous hearings

Jones is like nonstop hot mess... Even now, I know what he was pulled over for was relatively innocuous, but even now he still can't have his shot together enough out of the cage to drive with the proper papers?

Both of them are incredibly wealthy and famous.

Dealing with shit they bring on themselves doesn't exactly inspire sympathy from me. All they have to do is not cheat and not fuck up too badly in the public eye. Is it that hard? They both should be famous for their athletic skill but they turned their stories into something negative and pitiable.

leg break + tarnished legacy and ridiculous justifications vs car accident, DUI, hit and run, and driving without licence...

Silva is worse, cause in 10 years, everyone is gonna forget Jones "mistakes"

Two different kind of scenarios.

Jon Jones had it bad because he made bad decisions and continues to make bad decisions ...its a conscious effort by Jones to be a POS person ...

Anderson Silva's leg break was a bad decision to try and throw that leg kick with Weidman well prepared and in position to check it ...the break was a phreak injury but also could have been prevented....Silva most likely used a form of steroid in trying to rehabilitate the nasty broken leg so that was a raw deal...

I think Silva had it worse because of age-wear and tear and trying to get back to being healthy and to continue to fight at this age and stage of his career.

Jones really hasn't had it bad .. when it comes to his talent/skill level ...he still has all the tools ...he just chooses to do dumb shit over and over and over again.

well jones wasn't getting boner pills off the street from thai hookers, so there's that.

leg break + tarnished legacy and ridiculous justifications vs car accident, DUI, hit and run, and driving without licence...

Silva is worse, cause in 10 years, everyone is gonna forget Jones "mistakes"

Yep jones can still make something of his fighting career. Andersons is forever tarnished.

More shit-on-fighter threads?

WTF... has the ghost of Mother Teresa climbed up everyone's ass and possessed the whole lot of you saints?

Silva. I'd rather have a dui than my leg snapped in half.

Jones may have caused a ruckus about his out of ring lifestyle.

But Silva's steroid scandal was something that happened in the name of the sport. I think for a fan Anderson was a bigger disappointment. At least from my perspective as a fan of both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back