Who had a better career? Nick or Ruthless

Who's had a better career?

• Total voters
Robbie definitely had the better career.

Nick Diaz only beat 1 top 5 ranked opponent and that was Gomi at 155. Other than that he just trash talked his way to a title shot. Nick is fun to watch but he’s not even a “hasbeen” he’s a “never was.”

Nick Diaz only beat 1 top 5 ranked opponent and that was Gomi at 155. Other than that he just trash talked his way to a title shot. Nick is fun to watch but he’s not even a “hasbeen” he’s a “never was.”
A lot of people don't realize his Strike Force run was filled with favorable match ups, and cans

Jack Slack called him Coker's MVP before MVP lol

I'll say that Robbie Lawler won a title from a guy who won the vacant title from him and other than that has never beat a ufc champion or former ufc champion... although he held on to the belt for a while and to compare that run with Nick's strikeforce run is actually quite comparable despite the prestige of the UFC.

Lawler by far. He was the UFC champ and has wins over Hendricks, Rory 2x, Condit(controversial), Ellenberger, Koscheck, Brown, And Manhoef.

A win vs Frank Shamrock is more impressive than all of these on paper.

A win vs Frank Shamrock is more impressive than all of these on paper.
wtf.gif

Easily Robbie, very few of us believed he could contend let alone be a champion when he finally returned to the UFC.

Robbie by a long shot.
Though Nick's career isn't anything short of successful.

Frank wouldn't take a fight against just anybody, only someone worthy of the reputation. He had a unbeatable mystique after leaving with the UFC with a belt and I mean Frank even has a win against Bas Rutten which is almost as prestigious as a win vs Rickson Gracie.

Last edited:
Frank wouldn't take a fight against just anybody, only someone worthy of the reputation. He had a unbeatable mystique after leaving with the UFC with a belt and I mean Frank even has a win against Bas Rutten which is almost as prestigious as a win vs Rickson Gracie.
Frank was 37 and a shell of himself when he fought Nick. If you can say that was impressive than you should say Robbie smashing Nick last night and making him quit at 38 years of age is more impressive.

Frank was 37 and a shell of himself when he fought Nick. If you can say that was impressive than you should say Robbie smashing Nick last night and making him quit at 38 years of age is more impressive.
I agree Nick letting Robbie take that victory was very impressive. Nick doesn't just let anyone have victories over him especially not people he already beat. He only loses to the best well accomplished fighters, and Nick letting Robbie have a victory over him is quite a feat. And a testament to Nick's respect for him as a martial artist. I mean if Rickson Gracie were to take a fight against Nick Diaz today and let Nick win, my god that would be like the ultimate Gracie Jiu Jitsu accomplishment maybe even better than a IBJJF title.

I agree Nick letting Robbie take that victory was very impressive. Nick doesn't just let anyone have victories over him especially not people he already beat. He only loses to the best well accomplished fighters, and Nick letting Robbie have a victory over him is quite a feat.
Happy we’re in agreement that Nick is a bum.

Easily Robbie. Overall fought and beat tougher opponents and won a UFC title. Nick has had a great career though and kinda became an icon.

There was a good percentage of people on here who once thought Lawler was finished after Strikeforce and his loss to Lorenzo Larkin. His second half of his UFC career was nothing short of remarkable.

Agree.

Back