Who Got/Gets Hit More Jones Or Mayweather?

I was staying out of this until now. Roy when he was at 160 would knock Floyd out. Roy didn't sag after 4 rounds, like Judah and Mosley, and hits harder than anyone Floyd has been in with. I also think that Roy at 160 was quicker than Floyd.

I was staying out of this until now. Roy when he was at 160 would knock Floyd out. Roy didn't sag after 4 rounds, like Judah and Mosley, and hits harder than anyone Floyd has been in with. I also think that Roy at 160 was quicker than Floyd.

he didn't sag after 4 rounds because he wasn't fighting guys at Floyd's level. He'd blow his load just like mosley.

he didn't sag after 4 rounds because he wasn't fighting guys at Floyd's level. He'd blow his load just like mosley.

When did RJJ ever blow his load? You're talking rubbish, RJJ was always in great condition.

Good debate...keep arguing...it amuses me and my court of servants

Roy made guys miss big. Pbf makes guys miss small. Would have made a great fight. I think Roy would have one because he had power that Floyd doesn't seem to have.

You can look at the Zab Judah fight to see how Mayweather reacts to someone more explosive. Mayweather eventually took control of that fight with smart tactics that exploited his superior strength and Judah's habit of doing nothing when waiting to throw the left counter uppercut.

P4P Jones was a different physical level from anyone. Mayweather might be smarter and more technical, but when Jones was young he was freakishly gifted.

floyd gets hit more but is the better fighter by far

I think RJJ dominated his era and prime more than Floyd has. Floyd is pissing me off since he hasn't fought Pac( tossup), Cotto (who he would stop), and Williams (I wouldn't take that fight either).

I think RJJ dominated his era and prime more than Floyd has. Floyd is pissing me off since he hasn't fought Pac( tossup), Cotto (who he would stop), and Williams (I wouldn't take that fight either).

Roy is the better fighter.. no question about it..

but Floyd is the better boxer..

They both fight similarly, but in a pinch, Floyd has a better plan B... but damn.. Prime Roy's plan A was amazing.

floyd would shut-out prime RJJ

You are insane. RJJ in his prime would never in a million years be shut out by a guy that gets a split decision against a past it De la hoya. Roy was faster than Floyd, had better offence. The guy shut down Toney and Hopkins. Floyd has never ever faced anyone that compared to Roy in his prime.

Mayweather is a better boxer...not as much knowledge as a lot of the old-timers, but the question is, would the boxing knowledge that he DOES have enable him to out-feint and out-smart the physically quicker and more explosive RJJ? I kind of think Roy would win.

Roy was naturally much larger, Floyd could never make heavyweight. I am sure if they had fought, Roy would have won, but not so much on the speed that people are referring to. Floyd said he was going to just give Zab the first few rounds because he is a front runner, wich is what he did, Zab's hand speed, I think, is quicker, but I don't think that it really bothered Floyd very much, I think he was just letting Zab go knowing after a few rounds Zab would be spent.
Now, one thing that Floyd has that a lot of fighters don't have, is poise and composure, nothing seems to get to him whether it is being fould on purpose, watching his uncle fight in the ring, or, getting hit with a punch that has him dizzy and wobbled, Floyd has a solid chin, The shot Zab hit him with was tough (not the time where it should have been called a knockdown, that seemed more off balance to me) and he just kept walking him down after that shot, Same when mosley landed those 2 shots on him in the 2nd round, most people would have been dropped, but Floyd kept his composure and poise about him and kept walking forward, he was the only calm person in his corner after that round. but these are just my oppinions.

Let your hands go, you seem like a douchebag. I respect Mayweather's talent but dominate Royo GTFO with that BS.

Let your hands go, you seem like a douchebag. I respect Mayweather's talent but dominate Royo GTFO with that BS.

I agree... Floyd is actually on James Toney's level in terms of his boxing iq.. which is to say above Roy...

but Roy's physical attributes overwhelmed Toney and his boxing iq.. and if Floyd was in his weight class and they were both prime, the same would happen.

Good debate...keep arguing...it amuses me and my court of servants

Bahahahaha.....I lol'd.

I think the dude trying to convince people that Floyd would work a prime RJJ is forgetting that Roy is HUGE compared to Floyd. On top of that a prime RJJ is also freakishly explosive. I think it's pretty obvious that Floyd is the better boxer, but RJJ's physical gifts would be too much for him. This shouldn't even be a debate.

Bahahahaha.....I lol'd.

I think the dude trying to convince people that Floyd would work a prime RJJ is forgetting that Roy is HUGE compared to Floyd. On top of that a prime RJJ is also freakishly explosive. I think it's pretty obvious that Floyd is the better boxer, but RJJ's physical gifts would be too much for him. This shouldn't even be a debate.

That's like saying prime tyson would beat klit, he wouldn't he would get tooled

Why are you all discussing this fight with a delusional Floyd nuthugger?

Floyd wouldn't have signed for this fight so any discussion is moot.

Floyd fans have more belief in his capabilities than he does himself, that much is obvious.

Roy was naturally much larger, Floyd could never make heavyweight. I am sure if they had fought, Roy would have won, but not so much on the speed that people are referring to. Floyd said he was going to just give Zab the first few rounds because he is a front runner, wich is what he did, Zab's hand speed, I think, is quicker, but I don't think that it really bothered Floyd very much, I think he was just letting Zab go knowing after a few rounds Zab would be spent.
Now, one thing that Floyd has that a lot of fighters don't have, is poise and composure, nothing seems to get to him whether it is being fould on purpose, watching his uncle fight in the ring, or, getting hit with a punch that has him dizzy and wobbled, Floyd has a solid chin, The shot Zab hit him with was tough (not the time where it should have been called a knockdown, that seemed more off balance to me) and he just kept walking him down after that shot, Same when mosley landed those 2 shots on him in the 2nd round, most people would have been dropped, but Floyd kept his composure and poise about him and kept walking forward, he was the only calm person in his corner after that round. but these are just my oppinions.

This wasn't a Floyd v RJJ fight debate thread but I had a feeling it might turn into 1, I think Roy kills Floyd if they ever thought prime for prime at any weight but P4P a much closer affair still leaning towards Roy maybe 3/5 times. Ha but still not many answers on the original question on who you think got hit more.

Last edited:
Back