Who gets the WW title shot.

Who do you want to take the next shot at Robbie Lawler?

• Total voters
Diaz? He was a whopping Zero Top Ten wins at WW in the UFC.
Fact: Noone cares. If Wonderboy gets the title shot the division goes into obscurity and the PPV does pre Conor FW numbers such as 180,000.

Wonderboy

Maia Twood for #1 contender.

Winner of Rory Carlos faces winner of Lombard Magny. Who ever comes out of that should probably get a shot.

Diaz can fight Hendricks.

All bets are off if GSP comes back or Conor does the unthinkable.

Just give it to Wonderboy, I think Condit beat Lawler but with all his talk of retiring, unless it's a title fight is off putting.

Lawler vs Thompson
Rory vs Condit, if he will take it.
Woodley vs Saff 2 ?

That would be ideal to me.

Woodley's win streak is a little weak for a title shot, Wonderboy deserves it more.

If the UFC doesn't announce the next WW TS in this month Sherdog will implode with speculation. Book it for Mai or Diaz.

Wonderboy fights Lawler
If Maia wins he fights Woodley. If Woodley bitches up than Maia fights Condit.
McDonald vs Lombard

You want maia to beat Brown and then Woodley before he gets a TS? Do you hate Maia ? lol. He deserves it if he beats brown.

Maia or Nick Diaz. Fact: Wonderboy has a whopping 1 top ten win at WW.

Fact: he's finished two top ten fighters in about five minutes.

facts.png

And now comes a rant about how rankings suck and how Ellenberger clearly shouldn't have been ranked 9th.

Fact: Noone cares. If Wonderboy gets the title shot the division goes into obscurity and the PPV does pre Conor FW numbers such as 180,000.

Let’s look at what a “Draw” Diaz actually is:

BJ Penn Fights:

UFC 84 vs Sherk 475

UFC 94 vs GSP 920

UFC 101 vs Kenflo 850

UFC 107 vs Diego 650

UFC 118 vs Frankie 570

UFC 127 vs Fitch 260

UFC 137 vs Diaz 280

GSP Fights

UFC 94 vs BJ 920

UFC 11 vs Hardy 770

UFC 124 vs Kos 800

UFC 129 vs Shields 800

UFC 154 vs Condit 700

UFC 158 vs Diaz 950*

*Note: UFC 158 was scheduled to have Rory/Condit and Johny/Ellenberger as the undercard, basically a one night WW tournament.

Silva Fights:

UFC 126 s Vitor 725

UFC 148 vs Chael 925

UFC 153 vs Bonnar 410

Ufc 162 vs Weidman 550

UFC 168 vs Weidman 1,025

UFC 183 vs Diaz 650

So his “Name” underperformed compared to BJ Penn fights, overperformed compared to the GSP fights (due in part to the strength of the card), and underperformed compared to the Silva fights. With his current three fight losing streak he will not be able to pull great numbers at this point.

The emperor has no clothes, and MMA fans know it.

Let’s look at what a “Draw” Diaz actually is:

BJ Penn Fights:

UFC 84 vs Sherk 475

UFC 94 vs GSP 920

UFC 101 vs Kenflo 850

UFC 107 vs Diego 650

UFC 118 vs Frankie 570

UFC 127 vs Fitch 260

UFC 137 vs Diaz 280

GSP Fights

UFC 94 vs BJ 920

UFC 11 vs Hardy 770

UFC 124 vs Kos 800

UFC 129 vs Shields 800

UFC 154 vs Condit 700

UFC 158 vs Diaz 950*

*Note: UFC 158 was scheduled to have Rory/Condit and Johny/Ellenberger as the undercard, basically a one night WW tournament.

Silva Fights:

UFC 126 s Vitor 725

UFC 148 vs Chael 925

UFC 153 vs Bonnar 410

Ufc 162 vs Weidman 550

UFC 168 vs Weidman 1,025

UFC 183 vs Diaz 650

So his “Name” underperformed compared to BJ Penn fights, overperformed compared to the GSP fights (due in part to the strength of the card), and underperformed compared to the Silva fights. With his current three fight losing streak he will not be able to pull great numbers at this point.

The emperor has no clothes, and MMA fans know it.

Aww snap! Somebody just got "FACTED"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was ready to come here and vote for T-Wood, but then I stopped to really look at his record. He's gotten a lot of hype lately, but in all seriousness, he doesn't deserve a shot at all.

A great KO over Kos, a sketchy win over Carlos, losing to Rory, beating the Donger and only getting a split of Fatstelum. Promised a shot or not, he doesn't have the record.

Rory just lost so he needs to put in a win or two before he gets his nose broken again.

Carlos is a choice people will say because he won in many guys eyes against Robbie, but he had no business being in that fight in the first place. Loss to GSP, Loss to Hendricks, beats Kampman, loses to T-Wood (though again kinda sketchy) and then beats Alves, that's not a #1 contender type run. But unfortunately in the UFC once you get a title shot you can never fall out of the #1 or #2 contender spot, so despite the bad recent record he's still up there in the top.

Like T-Wood I came in with a somewhat different view of Wonderboy. I knew he was a great fighter but for some reason that Matt Browne loss stuck in my head, I really thought it was more recent than it was. But now doing a double check, he's put together a streak that is above and beyond anyone else in the division. This again lends to my point, why is a guy beating top guys and is only #7 while guys like Condit are #1?

What Thompson did was amazing, he tooled Hendricks and then knocked him out (even stopping for a second to make sure he was OK from a rib kick he thought might have been a low blow, or so it seemed) He didn't hesitate to attack a guy who is a KO machine, and thats what you need against Lawler.

So give the guy a shot, he's earned it.

If Conor McGregor beats RDA then wants to go after Lawler for the Welterweight title, then that's my favorite option.

If that's not on the cards, then Stephen Thompson should get the shot. If Conor does get it, then Wonderboy should fight Condit or Rory. He's faced two short wrestlers in a row in Ellenberger and Hendricks, so Condit or Rory would be an interesting change of opponent for him.

I don't mind Robbie Lawler vs Carlos Condit 2 but I really prefer that Conor or Wonderboy gets the shot. If Condit doesn't get the title shot or a fight with Thompson, then he could rematch Rory instead. That's if he even wants to continue fighting.

If he returns, I'd prefer to see Georges St-Pierre either do the Anderson Silva superfight, or try and avenge the Hendricks loss. I don't think he should fight for the title.

Robbie Lawler vs Nick Diaz 2 is a fun fight, but Diaz isn't back till August, and it'd still be a fun fight down the road if it wasn't for a title. So I don't consider this the best title fight option.

Tyron Woodley definitely shouldn't get the title shot. He should fight another top fighter. I don't know if/when he even wants to fight. Hendricks apparently doesn't want to come back until August so that might be too long for Woodley to wait. Any other top fighter would be fine though, including the the Maia/Brown and Magny/Lombard winners.

Diaz is an established name. Maia adds a legitimacy professionally in offering something different. Wonderboy doesn't intrigue anyone. He had a Lyoto like Shad KO moment and the comedown from that high will be a bitch. He won't be a champion and likely won't challenge.

That's heavy percentage to Thompson showing on the poll. Obviously its skewed so close to the Wonderboy win.

Woodley broke his foot against Gastelum late January 2015. That's why he's been sitting out.

Wonderboy looked fantastic but that matchup wasn't on the radar for a shot. Tyron or Condit will likely get the shot. Dependant on who shows they are hungrier with the media. Personally though, I want to see Thompson vs Lawler.

I only want Woodley cuz I kno thats the perfect matchup for Robbie. Wonderboy and Condit are too dangerous for Robbie's style

You want maia to beat Brown and then Woodley before he gets a TS? Do you hate Maia ? lol. He deserves it if he beats brown.
No, I want Maia to get the title shot. But there's to many contenders. So rather than promising Maia the next shot after Wonderboy (who I feel is going to get the next shot) and shelving him let the contenders stay busy and knock each other off. The scenario that makes the most sense to me
Lawler vs Woodley
Maia vs Wonderboy (if Maia gets the W over Brown)

But Wonderboy seems to be the next big thing and people are screaming for him to get the shot.

I have a feeling what woodley is going to be upset when its announced....Wonderboy or if GSP comes back he will get it....it may not be the most fair but thats the way i see it playing out

Tyron Woodley

Anyone but Condit (and I like Condit), but cant stand immediate rematches

I would do the Condit rematch and on the same card Wonderboy vs. Woodley though I would rather Wonderboy vs Rory to see whose next.

i have to go with Woodley, Wonderboy needs another top 5 win before he gets the title shot. I would watch both though.

Back