Who gets ASMR? Your triggers? Describe the feeling?

I watch ASMR videos and I usually watch them because they're very relaxing. Something to note, not all sounds will trigger an individual, each person is different, so if you don't get it continue to look for other sounds.

To describe the feeling of ASMR, it's very difficult to do so. It's a state of mental calm and intense pleasurable pulses. Though tingles does really describe it well. You get the pules in your head and down your neck or spine sometimes.

My suggesting is if you don't feel these pulses is to watch videos where you enjoy the sounds or the persons voice, eventually you'll run across something that gives you these pulses. I didn't feel any for a long time.

They can help me relax and go to sleep but the role play ones are weird and it has to be a hot chick.

I dunno if this is an ASMR-related response but whenever I watch one of these ASMR videos I feel an overwhelming urge to punch the person in it.

Is this a scientifically observable phenomenon?
I don't think so, but I just associate it with things like massage or being tickled that some people might enjoy it.

I respond surprisingly well to hypnotism, but I don't get ASMR.

I haven't been using this much lately, but I'm about to throw one on now...usually it puts me out within 10 minutes.

Goodnight Sherdog.

Bob Ross & running water get me pretty much every time.

"ASMR" is Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response. But I prefer Attention Induced Observant Euphoria; a better, more descriptive term for this phenomenon.

It seems most people don't have it/get it, or at least they don't know that they do.

What it is (how I would describe it), is a vaguely hypnotic, blissful sensation that some people occasionally get when someone else is doing something for you, or to you (non-sexual), showing you how to do something, explaining or describing what they're doing and all involving a soothing voice, sounds, and demeanor.

It's not a "brain orgasm" (it's not sexual at all)
It's not "head tingles" (chicks describe everything as 'tingly')

Who gets or has "ASMR"?
How would you describe what it is?
How would you describe the feeling?
What are your strongest triggers?
Trying to understand this. So is this something that would happen to you if you were watching a documentary about animals or something where the narrator has a calm voice, or more like the meditation audio tapes that exist??

Trying to understand this. So is this something that would happen to you if you were watching a documentary about animals or something where the narrator has a calm voice, or more like the meditation audio tapes that exist??
Well, it could be both or either. It's the sensation that you get (or not) that determines it, I guess.

Listening to someone whisper, or speaking in a soft calm voice, close to your ear (close to a microphone) is a common source. Also listening to tapping/scratching/crinkling close to your ear, and other auditory sources.

Other sources involve simply watching something happening; particularly someone doing something right in front of you, or to you.

It could be audio, visual, or physical. People now associate ASMR with videos, cuz of YouTube. But the strongest ASMR, for me, is the physical component... in Jr High when a girl would write things on your hand/arm... being checked out by a doctor or nurse, being very deliberate and attentive with what they're doing ... someone doodling or tracing words on your back with their fingers....

Back