Who gets ASMR? Your triggers? Describe the feeling?

ASMR doesn't work for me at all but if someone runs their finger my chest scar from my two open hearts I get this insanely wonderful sensation where the persons finger is and also for some odd reason a tingling sensation in my head.

"ASMR" is Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response. But I prefer Attention Induced Observant Euphoria; a better, more descriptive term for this phenomenon.

It seems most people don't have it/get it, or at least they don't know that they do.

What it is (how I would describe it), is a vaguely hypnotic, blissful sensation that some people occasionally get when someone else is doing something for you, or to you (non-sexual), showing you how to do something, explaining or describing what they're doing and all involving a soothing voice, sounds, and demeanor.

It's not a "brain orgasm" (it's not sexual at all)
It's not "head tingles" (chicks describe everything as 'tingly')

Who gets or has "ASMR"?
How would you describe what it is?
How would you describe the feeling?
What are your strongest triggers?

I used to get in a bit of a trance when teacher's would write stuff on the chalk board. The sound of the chalk tapping on the board combined with the stroking sound it made.

I love when nurses prep my arm for a shot by rubbing alcohol on the area in short circles. It's non sexual but I can feel a release of endorphins. The cold feeling and the sensation of the rubbing.(maybe this one is a little sexual)

Similar feeling to the chalk board is watching people demonstrate how to clean things like wiping a counter, or when someone is showing me how to do something on a document and they guide with their hand while talking.

Last edited:
ASMR doesn't work for me at all but if someone runs their finger my chest scar from my two open hearts I get this insanely wonderful sensation where the persons finger is and also for some odd reason a tingling sensation in my head.
That's very particular, but that sounds like you are getting 'ASMR.'

Yes, even the homely ones. When its the hot ones there's the bonus erection though.

This girl blurs the line between ASMR an the other thing, with her videos... well actually she steps way past the line.

The sexuality overwhelms the ASMR effect... or elevates it, depending on how you look at it.

By coincidence...
It turns out, she's a webcam girl too.

is it weird that i think the simpsons is one? lol, like the older seasons. idky. but i can put an episode on, i settle down then get that feeling, and within a couple of minutes im sleeping. been using simpsons awhile now to put me to sleep
dont think thats ASMR, Thats just falling to sleep with the TV on

I get it when I watch some of those.. its just a tingle in head.. think its a hot girl whispering that does it, the other sounds really didnt.

dont think thats ASMR, Thats just falling to sleep with the TV on
idk, i can put on lots of other shows but ill stay awake and watch them lol. i cant make it the end of a simpsons episode. i mean whatever it is is just strange tbh.

idk, i can put on lots of other shows but ill stay awake and watch them lol. i cant make it the end of a simpsons episode. i mean whatever it is is just strange tbh.
simpsons bores u to sleep.. or u are just in the habit of falling to sleep with it on. I do that with old I love Lucy episodes that come on around the time i go to bed here... on weekends i watch it on hulu. just more of a habit than ASMR. ASMR gives me this weird tingle in the head for a bit.

I used to get it when I was getting haircuts as a kid, or watching Bob Ross reruns, when someone would talk in a soothing manner, etc. Now I sometimes watch ASMR vids to help fall asleep. And actually, TS, I would describe my personal perception of it exactly as a mildly-euphoric feeling of a tingling sensation that starts in the head and runs down the spine. Here's a vid from a poplar ASMR'er explains it.

I was gonna post my own experience but this is almost identical. Haircuts were definitely a trigger as a child, especially when I had a hair dresser who would run her hands through my hair and play it, to see how it fell and the best way to cut it. My current barber is so efficient that I don't get it, though I've gotten it from both male and female hair dressers/barbers so I don't think it's a sexual reaction to a woman touching me.

I also get it from smooth, melodic speaking people like Bob Ross. I had a few professors in university that would cause me to completely space out, even though I enjoyed the topics of the class.

I agree with the guy who said it feels like morphine. It's like the calm, relaxed feeling you get from opiate drugs but without the messed up feeling you get from being high. And I get the most tingles at the top of my spine/back of my head.

simpsons bores u to sleep.. or u are just in the habit of falling to sleep with it on. I do that with old I love Lucy episodes that come on around the time i go to bed here... on weekends i watch it on hulu. just more of a habit than ASMR. ASMR gives me this weird tingle in the head for a bit.
lol aww, simpsons arent boring! i think it has something to do with it being one of those childhood comfort things. would make sense since i don't have the same reaction to new episodes.

i vaguely remember i love lucy. it's an old show i know, but is it as sexist as the others?

I watch massage vids on YT, particularly done by Indian and Turkish barbers. I feel a slight tingle on the back of my head when the triggers are tight.

So what you're saying is you're a lazy ass mofo. Got it.

it tingles on my scalp in a "chick Liddell" Mohawk pattern. it also relaxes me deeply. everyone has different trigger mine are rubbing on the microphones or tapping. I also like the massage videos.

feels like static from a balloon sometimes

I used to get it when I was getting haircuts as a kid, or watching Bob Ross reruns, when someone would talk in a soothing manner, etc. Now I sometimes watch ASMR vids to help fall asleep. And actually, TS, I would describe my personal perception of it exactly as a mildly-euphoric feeling of a tingling sensation that starts in the head and runs down the spine. Here's a vid from a poplar ASMR'er explains it.

definitely feels like getting a haircut.

I get it.

I've listened to a couple ASMR videos awhile ago to see if had an an effect on me. It is calming and I think I felt the effect.

I get it.

Before when I didn't know the term (up until a month ago), I'd YouTube search "typing keyboard" sounds, shuffling cards, rolling dice, etc. Real good before going to bed. I thought I was a freak of some kind, but guess I ain't.

Back