Who gave the toughest fight for Jones?

Who gave the toughest fight for Jones?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not including Matt Hamill DQ loss. Which of these three is Jon Jones toughest fight?

Alexander Gustafsson
Thiago Santos
Dominick Reyes

Last edited:
Santos clearly did the most damage to Jones.

Gus, but the Gus fight is debatable, while this one is not. Reyes clearly won 3 rounds. I also think Thiago won the fight, though that one i need to rewatch. This may be the second time Jon actually loses in the UFC but gets gifted a decision.

Gustafson did more damage, Reyes won three rounds but got robbed.

Gus beat him at his Real Prime.....These days Jones is just fighting safe....with his length... Back then he went all out.....(until he got busted with roids)

Gus was trying to do the most damage. The other 2 fights were about winning by points/stats.

Jon was on the verge of death after the first Gus fight to the point he was transferred to the hospital while Gus still handled his post fight media obligations iirc. Coincidentally I scored his fights with Gus and Reyes last night the same with the 2nd round being the closest round though I think Reyes won his 2nd rounded clearer than Gus arguably did.

Still waiting to hear how Jon didn't take his training seriously despite claiming he was going to destroy Reyes in the pre fight.

Gus. That was a young Jones. Gus gave him all he could handle in his prime. Jones has lost a few steps and he'll likely officially lose soon. He's trigger shy. I could see it. He had openings and hesitated when he would've gone for it before. Last night was not the best version of Jones we've seen.

Why are people still on the narrative that Thiago beat up Jones? He blew both his knees out and wasn't offensive more than half the fight. He constantly just say on his back foot waiting for Jones to rush in because he couldn't move anyway. I remember being in awh thinking Jones was about to lose his title to Santos who he had CLEARLY beaten.

I think Jones was 10000% right tho, that he has been dominant for so long and against so many people that when he loses a few rounds people lose their shit. Yes, I thought Reyes won 1-3, but when you go back and watch it again with no bias, you can make an argument that Jon won 3 rounds also. This isn't some highway robbery. Jones showed up in the championship fights while Reyes didn't. Reyes fought like a normal 15 minute fight, and Jones showed that championship experience.

Either way, Dom didn't get the job done. If Jones is serious about "legacy" then he needs to go up and fight for the HW belt. Whether that's against Stipe or DC, Jones needs that second weight class on his resume. I'd like to see a rematch but not right away. Let Dom go back and clear out two other contenders and then we can talk about rematches. Right now, LHW has nothing else promising for Jones.

Gus, but he still won that fight 2,4 and 5.

Santos and Reyes really took it to him... Both deserve a rematch...

Alexander is irrelevant now.

Back