Who fought like Prime Fedor?

I actually think Dominick Cruz compares in the way he seamlessly mixes up take downs with his striking.

Fedor fans always having to say some weird shit like this to convince themselves that he's the GOAT
200w.gif

He was nowhere near the same style fighter in strikeforce. He turned HOok brawler mode and dropped everything above that i showed in just a few gifs.
He was exactly the same, it was just the competition he was facing.

Lol

There's always a GOAT.

And it's Fedor.

Jones is teetering but he keeps fucking up.

Anderson's legacy is great but not quite Fedor's.

At least you didn't mention GSP
Fedor's entire career has an asterisk next to it. He isn't even in the running for GOAT.

Fedor's entire career has an asterisk next to it. He isn't even in the running for GOAT.

And what might that asterisk be?

I am, but that will be Redhawks100 and Smegma's answer.

Thank god dude haha, sometimes it's hard to tell because there are some dumbass sherbros out there (respectfully)
<{natewhut}>

OT: I haven't seen anyone with the same style as Fedor. He could beat you at your own game, like kickboxing with Cro Cop and willingly jumping into Minotauros guard without a sense of threat. I see him as the most well-rounded HW ever.

This whole GOAT talk is sort of dumb since it is purely subjective. To rag on someone for putting another guy at the p4p #1 spot is pretty unnecessary. The sport is still super young, and since almost every person on all of our top 10 GOAT lists are still active, every position is fleeting and there is a case for and against everyone of them.
<{imoyeah}>
Tl;dr Don't argue over GOAT-dom, people.

He was exactly the same, it was just the competition he was facing.

Werdum and dan hendo? They lost to guys fedor beat in his prime, you dont know about the competition obviously, you didnt watch mma back then Jabroni

Thank god dude haha, sometimes it's hard to tell because there are some dumbass sherbros out there (respectfully)
<{natewhut}>

OT: I haven't seen anyone with the same style as Fedor. He could beat you at your own game, like kickboxing with Cro Cop and willingly jumping into Minotauros guard without a sense of threat. I see him as the most well-rounded HW ever.

This whole GOAT talk is sort of dumb since it is purely subjective. To rag on someone for putting another guy at the p4p #1 spot is pretty unnecessary. The sport is still super young, and since almost every person on all of our top 10 GOAT lists are still active, every position is fleeting and there is a case for and against everyone of them.
<{imoyeah}>
Tl;dr Don't argue over GOAT-dom, people.

Did you see Rizin last night?

Valentin Moldavsky, one of the Fedor proteges, actually fought almost identically to Fedor, even down to the little hand movements in the stand-up. Was kinda weird to watch really. He seemed pretty good, though hard to tell yet since he's quite young and inexperienced.

Fedor fought like a finish was required to win. Aka Like a Boss.

In short, there has been no one who has been able to replicate his fighting style. His unique blend of controlled aggression, skill in every facet of the game, power, mobility, and stamina were what set him apart.

At hw, I would agree DC is likely the closest anyone has come; even then, his hip mobility, transitions, striking arsenal, and sub game have never been demonstrated to be anywhere the level Fedor was on.

At any weight, I would say BJ was probably the closest. BJ was much more of a stand-up oriented fighter, but he still possessed most of the same physical abilities and general aggressive style that Fedor had. And BJ was a natural 155'er. Pretty insane, when you think about it.

Valentin Moldavsky, one of the Fedor proteges, actually fought almost identically to Fedor, even down to the little hand movements in the stand-up. Was kinda weird to watch really. He seemed pretty good, though hard to tell yet since he's quite young and inexperienced.

I agree, he looked just like Fedor just not as explosive and catlike. That right hand lead to judo trip was vintage Fedor though. Im sure the GOAT was proud to see those techniques being used by todays generation.

If it hasn't been said yet, Igor V and Fedor were like twins when they fought. Definitely same style or fought like him. Kill or be killed attitude as well

I thought he looked like Fedor, in shape and lacking killing intent..... So more evidence physique is lesser than fighting ability! But I still love the dude hope he wins the tournament.

I agree, he looked just like Fedor just not as explosive and catlike. That right hand lead to judo trip was vintage Fedor though. Im sure the GOAT was proud to see those techniques being used by todays generation.

I thought he may have been trying to mimic him a little toooo much. Seemed like a pretty good young prospect, but yeah, he's definitely not at the same level as Fedor was at the same age (he was already PRIDE champ).

Will be interesting to see how he does against Aliakbari. Both Moldavsky and Szymon Bajor looked like they belonged at LHW rather than HW so I have the feeling he may have a lot of problems with Amir's wrestling game early on. Not sure if he has the stopping power needed to keep Amir off him early. Will potentially be a harsh test for him.

Back