Who fights Shevchenko for the 125lb belt?

Who fights Schevchenko for the Belt

• Nicco Montano

• Sijara Eubanks

• Katlyn Chookagian

• Alexis Davis

• Liz Carmouche

• Joanne Calderwood

• Jessica Eye

• Paige Van Zant

• Joanna Jedrzejczyk

• Some random 2-0 Brazilian girl that nobody has heard of

• Someone else

Results are only viewable after voting.
yeh, this was all fucking planned.

UFC 230 has no headliner, Dana was shitting it and couldnt figure it out.

So the UFC pull Nicco from her weight cut and send her to hospital. That gives them the excuse to strip her.

So now they book Joanna v Val at 130, a fight Joanna will lose because shes a shit ton smaller than Val.

And Nicco gets made to be the fall guy and gets shit on just because Shelby and Maynard cant do their fucking jobs

JJ's only smaller because she cuts so much weight. Dangerously so. She's actually taller than Shevchenko. The odds wouldn't be good for JJ and she knows it, hence the reluctance to move up. Valentina is technically a better striker and has a far superior ground game.

Shevchenko vs Joanna would be amazing. Joanna has a chance to get revenge on Shevchenko and become the first female to have belts in 2 divisions. If Joanna wins then she has a better chance of getting a 3rd fight with Rose and it'd be a Champ vs. Champ fight with Joanna possibly becoming Champ Champ. Rose could even move up to 125 and beat Joanna to become Champ Champ herself.

And if Shevchenko wins then it's a much more legitimate way of getting the belt than fighting Montano.

Do you hear JJ calling for a fight at 125? No, and with good reason. She knows what her chances would be against Valentina.

JJ's only smaller because she cuts so much weight. Dangerously so. She's actually taller than Shevchenko. The odds wouldn't be good for JJ and she knows it, hence the reluctance to move up. Valentina is technically a better striker and has a far superior ground game.
<36>
technically better stiker, haha

She has 3 losses in Muay Thai, 10 years ago. This is MMA. Although Val is the more well rounded fighter, respectably, Joanna has been more successful thus far in MMA, and has a name. JJ said her and ATT wanted to move up, but the UFC wanted her to stay at 115.
JJ would probably be the most marketable name and has gained distinction beating fighters smaller than her. Shevchenko has made her name beating fighters bigger than her. Where did you hear that JJ wanted to move up but the UFC wanted her to remain at 115. A link would be appreciated.

<36>

Still 3-0 against JJ and 56-2 overall in mt/kb. What's your point exactly?

valentina_butthurt.png

JJ would probably be the most marketable name and has gained distinction beating fighters smaller than her. Shevchenko has made her name beating fighters bigger than her. Where did you hear that JJ wanted to move up but the UFC wanted her to remain at 115. A link would be appreciated.
JJ made her name by being 6 x UFC champion and carrying her division by almost 3 years, you are very biased, Pena is 125 lbser, so bigger fighters Shev she beat is basicly Holly Holm and maybe Kaufmann. Remeber Shevchenko is not champion and never was, it's not her privilege to call shots. Who will be A-side when they both will meet? Lol.

<36>

Not sure why this video supports a "haha." Valentina had a competitive fight with a bigger fighter who also beat Tiffany Van Soest. Why don't you provide the 3 videos that show Valentina beating JJ in kickboxing?

JJ made her name by being 6 x UFC champion and carrying her division by almost 3 years, you are very biased, Pena is 125 lbser, so bigger fighters Shev she beat is basicly Holly Holm and maybe Kaufmann. Remeber Shevchenko is not champion and never was, it's not her privilege to call shots. Who will be A-side when they both will meet? Lol.

Although JJ is taller than Shevchenko and they both kickboxed at 125, when they fought in MMA, JJ opted to drop to 115 to take on smaller fighters. Shevchenko chose to move up and fight bigger fighters. All of Shevchenko's 15 wins have been at 135. I believe all of JJ's 15 wins, with the possible exception of one, were at 115. What part of what I said is so difficult to understand? Pena rarely fought at 125, even prior to the UFC, and even fought at 145. She is definitely bigger than Shevchenko in case you didn't watch the fight. Not sure who will be A-side, but I'm willing to bet that Shevchenko will be the betting favorite, and if you are willing to give JJ/Shevchenko even odds, that's a bet I would love to take as well.

They really need to have a title eliminator to legitimize one of those contenders, but there's no time.

Which basically means unless it's Joanna it's just a live body, so it doesn't matter who fights Shevchenko.

What is this - the JoJo fan club participating here? She's a sweet kid but has beaten no one in the top 10 at 125 yet. Heck, is she even in the top 10?
Joanna is not jojo

You are getting a pole and a scot confused

As far as jojo v others. Both jojo wins at 125 came via stoppage. She's the only one in the division with two stoppage wins.

Rankings are bollocks anyway, most of the media doing the rankings pension don't even remember jojo beating Val at 125

Holy shit this division is dire...

I think Eubanks has the best argument, but even then
<6>

Last edited:
Although JJ is taller than Shevchenko and they both kickboxed at 125, when they fought in MMA, JJ opted to drop to 115 to take on smaller fighters. Shevchenko chose to move up and fight bigger fighters. All of Shevchenko's 15 wins have been at 135. I believe all of JJ's 15 wins, with the possible exception of one, were at 115. What part of what I said is so difficult to understand? Pena rarely fought at 125, even prior to the UFC, and even fought at 145. She is definitely bigger than Shevchenko in case you didn't watch the fight. Not sure who will be A-side, but I'm willing to bet that Shevchenko will be the betting favorite, and if you are willing to give JJ/Shevchenko even odds, that's a bet I would love to take as well.

The guy you are talking to is a dedicated Shevchenko hater, and this may be the first time I have used the term "hater." He has admitted to trolling her fans and claims that she "shoudl retire" because "ATT cracked her style" after her second fight with Amanda.

Just so you are aware.

Joanna would be the biggest fight but I'd like to see her get a win at 125 first. JoJo has already got two wins at 125 so it would be cool to see her fight Val for the belt.

What's the obsession with JJ? She has no intentions of fighting at flyweight.

Im changing my vote.. I said Sarje but someone mentioned Carmouche.

Thinking about it, Liz totally dominated Jennifer Maia who many people rated as the #1 flyweight in the world, and she has a win over Valentina at 135 as well.

So Liz Carmouche

If I'm not mistaken, it was an interview with Ariel before her fight with Torres. I'll edit this post if/when I find it.

Back