Who ends up with the most Grand Slams?

codfather

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Here's where they stand after Djokovic won the 2020 Australian Open:

_110740409_mediaitem110740408.jpg

It's weird because Federer overtook Sampras all the way back in 2009, so we've been calling him the GOAT for over a decade. But who would bet against him falling to third within the next 3 years?

Djokovic probably, but I don't really think most slams automatically equals GOAT.

H2H Djoko has Roger's and Rafa's number so there is that too.

He's also several years younger........doubt he'll still be making finals in 5-6 years.

Djokovic has been somewhat fortunate that in his peak years, no new guys have really emerged to challenge the top guys.

There is a whole generation of players (say currently between 25-30) who have all failed to produce at the peak level.

Nadal will still be winning the French open several years after he dies.

He's also several years younger........doubt he'll still be making finals in 5-6 years.

Djokovic has been somewhat fortunate that in his peak years, no new guys have really emerged to challenge the top guys.

There is a whole generation of players (say currently between 25-30) who have all failed to produce at the peak level.
True.

Either way while the field has failed to challenge Djoko, Rafa and Roger, the matches they had against each other, we are lucky they played in same era. (same way i feel about Messi-Cristiano debate, if there is any anymore).

True.

Either way while the field has failed to challenge Djoko, Rafa and Roger, the matches they had against each other, we are lucky they played in same era. (same way i feel about Messi-Cristiano debate, if there is any anymore).

Honestly, even Andy Murray could very well be the 4th best player ever.

Without the big 3 and more luck with injuries, he'd almost certainly have 10+ slams.

Djoker will finish with the most.. would like to see fed win one more before he hangs em up though.

Honestly, even Andy Murray could very well be the 4th best player ever.

Without the big 3 and more luck with injuries, he'd almost certainly have 10+ slams.
He would have 7-10 slams if you remove one out of the big tree.
He reached 11 slam finals with big tree in their prime. Won 2 finals against Djoko and one against Milas Raonic.
Lost to Roger 3 times and 5 defeats against Djoko.

In short there is very least an argument him being 4th best player ever.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Murray_career_statistics

He would have 7-10 slams if you remove one out of the big tree.
He reached 11 slam finals with big tree in their prime. Won 2 finals against Djoko and one against Milas Raonic.
Lost to Roger 3 times and 5 defeats against Djoko.

In short there is very least an argument him being 4th best player ever.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Murray_career_statistics

Yeah, but how many semis/quarters etc did he lose to them, too?

nadal and joker are about the same age
whoever stays healthy longer is gonna end up winning
i slightly favor nadal, but who knows

nadal and joker are about the same age
whoever stays healthy longer is gonna end up winning
i slightly favor nadal, but who knows

The Spanish Police just busted a huge organized crime PED ring. In Spain, ... and a bunch of Serbs, ...

I think both of them will be fine, just a few more trips to the LeBron lab. I trust Dr. Fuentes not to mix up anymore blood bags.

Alex Rodriguez has 25 I think
americans so jelaus. nobody cares about their sport so in this forum/water cooler nobody gives a shit about baseball basketball or football so there is nothing for them to insert into conversation but smart ass coments like this give up nobody cares about american sports

Joker is the best of the 3 and its quite clear

Joker has way more high level tennis left. I can't imagine that he doesn't grab at least one or two for the next three years.

Joker has way more high level tennis left. I can't imagine that he doesn't grab at least one or two for the next three years.

As long as his drugs don’t run out and the next generation continues to be very average, Djoko could conceivably get to 25+. He’ll be red hot favourite in 3 of the 4 slams for at least the next 2-3 years.

Djokovic probably, but I don't really think most slams automatically equals GOAT.

^This. Nadal is the clear favorite at the French obliviously. I could see him winning 3 more. Djokovic is the clear favorite at all 3 other slams.

^This as well. Roger is 38 and has had to deal with the younger Nadal, Djokovic, and Murray for a long while now. And still he's competing at the highest level. There never has been anyone younger to challenge those guys like Roger got challenged by them. I doubt either are playing at as high of a level as RF at 38.

Back