Who else whatever MMA is available?

Redhawks100

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I always see people talking shit on Bellator or UFC (not so much WSOF and some other smaller orgs) and it seems like people align themselves with certain companies. I myself will watch anything MMA, no matter the level of talent or popularity.

Anybody else feel this way? I mean, every company has its flaws, but I feel if you truly love MMA, you'll watch any event you can set your eyes on. Even Invicta.

Brand stooges gonna stooge.

I've never understood the 'allegiance' people form to a promotional company. As if it's 'Team UFC' or whatever.... Kids I guess.

I completely disagree.

Not because of allegiance to any one brand, but because of the quality of fighters.

I don't watch lower organisations for the same reason I don't watch the Lithuanian football league. The same reason NBA fans don't watch Womens Euro Basket. It simply isn't as good.

Sure, there will be great fights but in general the fighters don't have the same talent level and a lot of the time it shows.

Never understood "promotion hooligans" in MMA, I'll never discredit a promotion for what it is ...

sure I've some that are my favs cauz generally they put up better matchups, have a nice production and have fighters that I like more, but I don't close my eyes to all the other orgs.

Actually among my favs are Invicta, KSW, M-1, ONE FC and Cage Warriors ... but I c even UFC, Bellator and WSOF events, is a bit terrible for my health watching them live due to the time zone but I like 'em too, less than the first orgs I named but I don't dislike UFC and the others.

So many great events. Some of the lesser regional shows can be a joke though and not really worth watching but Bellator, Cage Warriors, RUFF, ONE FC, Jungle Fight, WOCS, WSOF, Shooto Brazil, Pancrase, UCMMA, MFC etc - are all good although really I am a fan of Brazilian and UK high level regional circuits so watch those before elsewhere. (Fan of Japanese MMA but really only have time for big shows which is not that easy to find these days) - Invicta are very good - I watch those fights as much as possible

Some of the best fights Ive seen this year were on AXS TV and I couldnt even tell you what promotions they were.

Yes there is usually a notable difference in the quality of the fighters but the fights themselves are generally every bit as entertaining...

I saw Cyborg fight Muay Thai, Holly holmes fight twice. I saw a 5'10" flyweight champion pass out cold on the stool, I saw a fighter trying not to cry after being submitted by a really slick leglock in 30 minutes...

I felt the same about minor league sports as others do but Ill take minor league MMA over NFL, NBA, NHL, Baseball, Gold, NASCAR etc anyday.

i'll watch whatever. i do prefer to have English commentary, but i do find Japanese commentary soothing. struggle to watch Russian language events, but they do put on some fucking awesome shows. years ago i would watch anything and everything i could get my hands on, but now i just don't have time

Back