Who else wants to see Edson Barboza vs Rafael dos Anjos?

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
How sick of a matchup would this be? Makes absolutely perfect sense right now in my opinion.

Would love to see that fight. Don't think UFC wants to risk RDA knocking off a contender though. Barboza vs DDP/MJ winner next imo.

Èdson vs. Khabib would be hella interesting too. If ya'll noticed, Edson's tdd has improved tremendously. I know Gil isn't Khabib but it was crazy to see Edson shrug him off like a little boy. In Khabib vs Tibau, we saw that if Khabib can't get the takedown, he can have problems on the feet.

I wanna see Edson vs Khabib.

No thanks. It sounds good on paper but it has way too much potential to turn into a "respectful" match where neither guy goes all out and we end up watching 3 rounds of sparring.

Èdson vs. Khabib would be hella interesting too. If ya'll noticed, Edson's tdd has improved tremendously. I know Gil isn't Khabib but it was crazy to see Edson shrug him off like a little boy. In Khabib vs Tibau, we saw that if Khabib can't get the takedown, he can have problems on the feet.

I wanna see Edson vs Khabib.
Would love Barboza vs Khabib but I think they are gonna go with Ferguson vs Khabib. Third time's the charm?

And boy, do you really have to go through a murderers row to get a titleshot at LW? Damn.

No thanks. It sounds good on paper but it has way too much potential to turn into a "respectful" match where neither guy goes all out and we end up watching 3 rounds of sparring.
RDA is all about pressure. And since that is the blueprint to beat Edson, im sure that's his plan. RDA won't beat Edson if it turns into a tactical striking match.

RDA is all about pressure. And since that is the blueprint to beat Edson, im sure that's his plan. RDA won't beat Edson if it turns into a tactical striking match.
Barboza isn't allergic to pressure fighting like he used to be. He handled Gil's more than well. I'd still probably pick Dos Anjos though based on his cardio, power, and actually checking kicks.

Barboza isn't allergic to pressure fighting like he used to be. He handled Gil's more than well. I'd still probably pick Dos Anjos though based on his cardio, power, and actually checking kicks.
Got a point there. I think RDA is much faster than Gil aswell. One thing though is that Alvarez is Barboza's main training partner so you know he would come in more than prepared.

Would be interesting to watch.

Got a point there. I think RDA is much faster than Gil aswell. One thing though is that Alvarez is Barboza's main training partner so you know he would come in more than prepared.

Would be interesting to watch.
Definitely be a great fight to watch no doubt. Just don't think it's next. I think they will give Barboza either Chiesa or the winner of Poirier vs Johnson.

Barboza would get owned, RDA closes the distance and knocks him out.
The funny thing is that when Eddie rocked Dos Anjos, it was while he was trying to close the distance, Eddie threw a beutiful combo while backing up-

Barboza is better tthan Eddie at that.

Not sure if you watched RDA's last fight but he took like 60 bombs from Alvarez and was still standing.
Lol if you have ever lost a UFC fight by KO you either have a "bad" or "problem" chin.

Not sure if you watched RDA's last fight but he took like 60 bombs from Alvarez and was still standing.

Doesn't mean much if you can't come back.

A good chin for me is what Ferguson has. Can get hurt but come back.

Those fighters who are done after they get hurt doesn't have a good chin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back