Who else thought kelvin beat magny and twood?

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This guys record should be two wins better than it is. I felt he won those fights and of.course he demolished vitor but that got overturned because of weed. Ridiculous.

I think hes gonna show everyone hes the best fighter in that division

Hes special, I can see it. He impressed me more than these other guys. Hes just been young and rushed into shit

With Magny I remember feeling it was whatever, maybe he should have won but he lost to Tyron in my view

I somewhat agree, but since he came in overweight against Woodley I lean towards the fighter that makes weight when it’s close. Whether that’s right or wrong is debatable. But it is what it is.

He definitely should've gotten the nod over Tyron. He looked lethargic and sick in that fight too.

He should have had the win against Woodley. Against Magny it was much closer.

The weight cut hurt his performance against Tyron, he had a bad one, not sure he won, but he did very well considering the cut. From what I recall Magny deserved his win, but I only remember the result and not the actual fight structure.

This guys record should be two wins better than it is. I felt he won those fights and of.course he demolished vitor but that got overturned because of weed. Ridiculous.
yeah i thought he won both fights

He definitely proved he could hang with the welterweight elite in those fights, much like Gaethje did at lightweight against Alvarez and Poirier, althought Gastelum never got knocked out. I think Kelvin Gastelum could potentially beat anyone at welterweight if he could manage his weight to fight there. He knocked out Kennedy, Bisping and Marquardt at 185 and came super close to knocking out Weidman...

Yeah he beat Magny imo

Woodley fight was 50/50 and he was also in the hospital that fight week.

He destroys Adesanya tomorrow night

Rightfully lost to both imo (especially to Woodley). Rightfully lost to Jacare too imo.

Yeah he beat Magny imo

Woodley fight was 50/50 and he was also in the hospital that fight week.

He destroys Adesanya tomorrow night

Woodley also had a broken foot iirc. See? Two can play at that game.

I thought he beat t-wood, I was very drunk tho.

He definitely proved he could hang with the welterweight elite in those fights, much like Gaethje did at lightweight against Alvarez and Poirier, althought Gastelum never got knocked out. I think Kelvin Gastelum could potentially beat anyone at welterweight if he could manage his weight to fight there. He knocked out Kennedy, Bisping and Marquardt at 185 and came super close to knocking out Weidman...

Last sentence is pretty erroneous. You make it sound like he 1st round Maynard-Edgar'd Weidman. This is a false, yet popular, narrative.

It was a flash knock-down that had Weidman sit on his butt but maintain eye contact and wherewithal the whole time. Other than that flash knock-down Weidman dominated the stand-up and the grappling and finished the fight prior to championship rounds. Bizarre how Gas gets more credit for one fleeting moment of success than Weidman does for annihilating his opponent.

Nah he lost to Tyron clearly but the Magny fight the third round was a toss up

He missed weight against Tyron. And still lost.

I like Kelvin but Tyron beat him squarely.

He beat Weidman too. Weidman got a fluke submission but Kelvin was clearly better.

He lost both fights imo. The magny one really could’ve gone either way. There is a better argument for this one. I thought Woodley pretty clearly beat him. I was surprised it was a split decision.

Back