Who Else Thinks That Machida Would Destroy Gustafsson

Only 2(Hendo,Shogun) people could have handled this shot from Gustafsson, the rest would have gotten KO'ed or TKO'ed.
143ksk2.jpg

Sick shot btw >:D

Last edited:
so you say he'd lose to 4 top 5 guys, and that makes gustafsson overrated? you sir, are an idiot.

also, he'd whip rashad's and hendo's asses.

Rashad would beat him. Rashad is laughably underrated on Sherdog. The guy has only ever lost 2 fights.

Only 2(Hendo,Shogun) people could have handled this shot from Gustafsson, the rest would have gotten KO'ed or TKO'ed.
143ksk2.jpg

bump... Check out that SICK GIF. Tell me Machida can handle that shot muahaha :p

143ksk2.jpg

Shogun looooooves that counter right cross to the temple.

bump... Check out that SICK GIF. Tell me Machida can handle that shot muahaha :p

Machida actually did handle that shot quite a few times. Shogun's all about the counter right cross over the top. It was his most effective counter to Machida's straight left. Great punch, but Shogun relies on it a bit too much.

Rashad would beat him. Rashad is laughably underrated on Sherdog. The guy has only ever lost 2 fights.

yeah, and he's looked like ass even in his most recent wins. ooooh, he tko'd tito. hell, it took him two rounds. rogerio was able to do it in one, but no one is jumping on his nuts. the rest of his wins since losing the title have been unabashed lnp. he gets rocked in almost every fight, and his striking is predictable. rashad is one of the best wrestlers in the division, and that will keep him relevant for a while, but he's not unbeatable, particularly by the other guys at the top of the division (including gustafsson).

yeah, and he's looked like ass even in his most recent wins. ooooh, he tko'd tito. hell, it took him two rounds. rogerio was able to do it in one, but no one is jumping on his nuts. the rest of his wins since losing the title have been unabashed lnp. he gets rocked in almost every fight, and his striking is predictable. rashad is one of the best wrestlers in the division, and that will keep him relevant for a while, but he's not unbeatable, particularly by the other guys at the top of the division (including gustafsson).

Exact reason why I think he'd KO Rashad Evans, worse then Machida did. Gif as evidence. That shot would put Rashad out.

Rashad's worst attributes are his head movement and that Diaz brothers like side stance that would open him up to Gus' leg kicks. It would be a leg kick buffet if Rashad couldn't close the distance.

It would be a lot closer than you think TS. Gus has a great chin, uses his reach and height incredibly well, and has good hips and relatively good tdd. Couple that with his good boxing, decent power, and improving well rounded game, and he's a tough, but winnable fight for Machida.

you can't spend more than 5 minutes in sherdog without reading "would destroy", "overrated", "exposed" or some other crap like that

He has Great Boxing not just good. Its not just all about the Hands when it comes to boxing. He has that great ability to slip,roll,parry,dodge,duck. He also has the fastest reflex's as well.

lol, Gustafasson takes Machida out with ease.

Way too well rounded for the dragon, Gustaf has good distance, and his boxing is superb. I think Machida gets overwhelmed, despite his counter-waiting style.

Exact reason why I think he'd KO Rashad Evans, worse then Machida did. Gif as evidence. That shot would put Rashad out.

Rashad's worst attributes are his head movement and that Diaz brothers like side stance that would open him up to Gus' leg kicks. It would be a leg kick buffet if Rashad couldn't close the distance.

it's good to see that not everyone on sherdog is a moron. :)

He has Great Boxing not just good. Its not just all about the Hands when it comes to boxing. He has that great ability to slip,roll,parry,dodge,duck. He also has the fastest reflex's as well.

He also does that weird, "roving hands," karate technique that really throws people off and makes his punches less predictable. That's one little wrinkle to his stand up game that can't be overstated enough. It really fucks with people.

Thank you.

Crazy how far boxing defense can take you. Sadly, most MMA fighters have yet realize this. Anderson and Gus sure have though (more so Andy).

it's good to see that not everyone on sherdog is a moron. :)

I am the dude you've been calling a moron, just as an FYI. I can't tell if this is supposed to be a tacit acknowledgement that we at least agree on this one thing, or if you just didn't know it was me.

He also does that weird, "roving hands," karate technique that really throws people off and makes his punches less predictable. That's one little wrinkle to his stand up game that can't be overstated enough. It really fucks with people.

I just love watching Gustafsson fight man. His boxing is high level stuff to watch. Hence why he's the 8th most dangerous striker in MMA when it comes to knockdowns.

Thank you.

Crazy how far boxing defense can take you. Sadly, most MMA fighters have yet realize this. Anderson and Gus sure have though (more so Andy).

Only because he's been fighting longer(Andy).

Back