Who else thinks Biggie is the Greatest?

I honestly don't see what makes biggie so great. Is it his flow and the 'realness' factor?

Both and more. But it's more you think a beta like Drake>Biggie.

Not to mention Biggie actually had somewhat of a cultural impact while Drake is an armpiece for NBA players. Dude is softer than the gramma's poundcake.

Btw Big is in my top 5.

Nas> Big imo

QaVWocN.png

He is good, but I don't see any way that he could be considered the best ever.

Before flaming me for making another thread about rap and goat rappers, let me say that I'm not trying to start a conversation about who the greatest is and why. I'm talking strictly about B.I.G here. Do you or do you not think he's the best ever?

I do, but of course, if you don't, your opinion is as legit as mine or anybody's.

I thought it was fairly common knowledge that Bo is the greatest rapper ever. It's either him or Dr. Seuss.
Dr. vs Dr. Seuss stomps Dre
http://youtu.be/94P1lYwGIfQ

Incredible flow.

You know that shit Bruce Lee was talking about 'be like water'? Well, in respect to rhyme flow, B.I.G.'s be exactly that; like water.

Biggie is in the argument forever, as far as I'm concerned.

But I'm content just calling him one of the greatest.

This should be the the new official flava in ya ear.

As to the OP and the point of this thread. No I don't think he's the GOAT. His lyrics were okay but somewhat juvenile (gangsta rappers are never GOAT lyricists) and he doesn't have a large enough body of work. Also he's not really a spitter. He has a unique voice though and great flow. One of the best but not the best.

He has some ok songs but I agree with what some others have said. I just don't think he is THAT good. When I listen to him I don't really see what sets him apart from his peers, in fact I would go as far as saying he is kinda redundant.

I think had he not died he would have had another hit album, maybe 2 and then petered out.

Incredible flow.

You know that shit Bruce Lee was talking about 'be like water'? Well, in respect to rhyme flow, B.I.G.'s be exactly that; like water.

Biggie is in the argument forever, as far as I'm concerned.

But I'm content just calling him one of the greatest.

Biting 36 Chambers. They even had their version of a safe ODB, Busta Rhymes.

MAYBE on quality but there is so little quantity of his music that I think he is ineligible to be considered GOAT.

Yeah I feel the same, his two albums are definitely in my top 10, and I think if he had at least one or two more albums I could call him GOAT, but because of the amount of quality tupac has i rate him higher overall, even though biggie is the better lyricist for sure

Back