Who else hopes Yoel starches Izzy?

Absolutely because 1) I'm a Yoel nuthugger, 2) Izzy acts like a cringy zoomer memelord, and 3) he made light of the greatest tragedy in modern American history.

A year ago I would have said I wanted absolutely anyone to derail Izzy because I felt he was getting hyped too early, but since then because the guy has walked the walk and justified it. I'm a fan now.

I like Yoel too and it would be cool to see him finally get the title. So may the best man win.

Just seeing the way Izzy is carrying himself lately he seems to think he is God’s gift to fighting. Calling out Jones and Stipe Miocic. We all know Izzy has been KO’d before he came to the UFC. He talks trash about Luke Rockhold and Robert Whittaker saying Yoel feels like a machine in there when punching him. So Izzy thinks he’ll be able to take him out with ease. But I feel like Yoel is gonna surprise him big time.

Tbh I originally felt Izzy would win, but now I feel like he’s looking past Yoel just because he thinks he took out Robert Whittaker with ease (who went 10 rounds with Yoel) that he’s gonna be able to finish him with ease as well. I’m gonna call it right now. Yoel is gonna be so fucking explosive and catch Izzy with a flying knee and take him out for the upset. Who else is with me?
100% with you. Adesanya is even more arrgoant than Rockhold and McGregor. He's gonna take a hard fall and I hope Romero is the man to do it.
I don't want a decision win for Yoel, I want a destruction that is prolonged, unrelenting and devastating.

Would love nothing

When exactly have you seen anything of note from Romero in regards to his wrestling pedigree?

The guy fell in love with his hands and is in essence a banger. If he continues that mentality against Israel he's going to get chewed up badly. If he actually uses his wrestling and gameplans for it he could absolutely win

Personally I think Yoel is too old now and his fight IQ has gone down hill very fast. Israel via TKO in th 4th.

I'd love nothing more than to see Yoel send this cocky fruitcake to the shadowrealm though!

Fair enough.

Personally I will disgusted but not shocked if Yoel tries to bang it out with Adesanya

I like both guys. On one hand, i want to see yoel hold the belt before he retires. The man is a gem.

On the other hand, Izzy can do big things if he continues to win. By big, i mean rockstar level of big. The kid has it all.

I respect Bender's cajones more than ever for calling out Yoel when Costa broke himself, no matter what SOG's recent record is

Everyone who fights Yoel says it's a very painful experience, win or lose, and Izzy knows that - he reads and listens to everything

Izzy is the polar opposite of a ducker and I got nothing but respect for that

Hundred percent this dude... I'm a Yoel fan for life. And I'm hoping he gets a belt just once before he retires. But at the same time you can't hate a guy who said to hell with it. I didn't earn a championship to not fight. Give me the next guy and then I'll fight Costa. Nothing but respect...

Israel has studied Floyd Mayweather and is replicating a lot of the things he does on the mic.

You got to make people want to tune in to hope you lose. There's always more attention to be had from haters than fans, Israel knows this and applies this.

Flying knee seems highly unlikely since the odds of Izzy shooting on him are skim to none, as are the odds of him timing and landing it against the taller Izzy utilizing his length to control distance.

He could catch him with a big punch for the KO win though.

lol who knows maybe Yoel catches him with a headkick out of nowhere like Kelvin did.

I want Romero to lose just so that all these nut jobs who think he’s the best in the division MAYBE will understand that he’s not. Don’t care much for Izzy though, Whittaker fight was good and impressive but other than that I’m not very impressed.

There's not a humble bone in this guy's body. He's still talking trash on Whittaker despite KO'ing him. And I have no fucking idea why, Rob is a fantastic human being.

Only yanks find the word cunt offensive. Personally I find it offensive they can buy assault rifles in corner shops

Haha, using the word assault rifle basically makes you a cunt so it's good you aren't offended. Where you from?

No. Yoel didn't deserve this title fight. I hope Adesanya finishes him and Yoel retires so the division can finally turn over a new leaf. Get all the old guard (Yoel, Weidman, Jacare) out of the way so the new generation can make a move

Fixed. I took out the excuses for you.
No, Yoel is too old. Israel is a nobody who is cherrypicking Yoel instead of fighting Costa first. If Weidman were in MW, it would be the end. But, no worries, Costa is coming for him and, if not Costa, it will be Shabahzyan. Soon. He won't last long. A nobody then, a nobody now. You can forget Stipe, Jones, all this bullshit... He won't fight anybody.

No. No more chaos at 185. No champion on a losing streak.

Want to see Israel vs Costa and Cannonier.

I love Yoel but izzy winning means far better fights in the future for fans.

Yoel for better or for worse is nearing the end of the line for his career. He's old. He's been in the game too long. Father time is undefeated.

if Izzy wins we might see Jon Jones vs Izzy in the future. Who wouldn't want this?
Are you fucking serious,been in the game too long?!

Are you fucking serious,been in the game too long?!

You can say that again. Currently, Yoel Romero has an MMA record of 13-4. That means that he has had a total of 17 MMA fights in his entire life.

Meanwhile, Pacquiao is currently 41 years old and he is still competing for world titles.

Pacquiao has a Boxing record of 62-7-2. That means that he has had a total of 71 Boxing fights in his entire life.

Back