Who else hopes Yoel starches Izzy?

I like Izzies skill set and he is an interesting dude though I do think he acts like he's in his teens which is fine I guess. Still If Yoel wins this i'll be absolutely delighted.
giphy.gif

I am not with you, TS. I actually like the Style Bender. I like his personality. To me one of the fascinating things about him is that he is a world class kickboxer competing vs MMA guys at the highest level. Something that you really don't see.
Izzy gives me more confident vibes than arrogant.
Martialbeef is 100% right. Israel is with his head in the cloulds - yes - but his feet are still firmly on the ground. He knows what he needs to do and I don't think he ever underestimated an opponent in his UFC career. I think at the beginning he was a little surprised how tough and durable are these UFC guys, but he never fought silly or unprepared. He is a pro and will do what is needed to do the job. I like him and I wanna see more from him. I like Romero too. But prefer to see Adesanya still a champ and doing great things.

I respect Bender's cajones more than ever for calling out Yoel when Costa broke himself, no matter what SOG's recent record is

Everyone who fights Yoel says it's a very painful experience, win or lose, and Izzy knows that - he reads and listens to everything

Izzy is the polar opposite of a ducker and I got nothing but respect for that
Fucking good point

I've been waiting for Izzy to get KO'd ever since the Brunson fight.

Fuck Gastelum for going for a takedown instead of the kill when he had the guy hurt in the 4th round of their fight. Could've gotten it done.

Izzy's the type of guy who I'll be able to like more once he gets humbled. I think it'll cause him to mature and tone down the stylebender shit. I want to be able to enjoy his fights and his artistic striking style. I found his chess match with Silva to be one of the most captivating fights I've seen in a while. Rn however, I'm just on the edge of my seat hoping for the knockout. Haven't gotten it so far. Hopefully Yoel quenches my thirst.

Last edited:
I've been waiting for Izzy to get KO'd ever since the Brunson fight.

Fuck Gastelum for going for a takedown instead of the kill when he had the guy hurt in the 4th round of their fight. Could've gotten it done.

Izzy's the type of guy who I'll be able to like more once he gets humbled. I think it'll cause him to mature and tone down the stylebender shit. I want to be able to enjoy his fights and his artistic striking style. I found his chess match with Silva to be one of the most captivating fights I've seen in a while. Rn however, I'm just on the edge of my seat hoping for the knockout. Haven't gotten it so far. Hopefully Yoel quenches my thirst.
He's annoying. He comes across as fake and as if he's over compensating. His stupid jokes (I am not referring to the 9/11 joke and I will not even touch that with a ten foot pole) are juvenile as fuck and his persona is so over the top and ham fisted. He has lame one liners as well. He tries too hard. He needs to chill, tone it down... Like look at jorge. Jorge is a douche but up until the bmf thing his trash talk was more nuanced. He didn't talk shit unless provoked or your name is Neil magny (which I absolutely hated). He'd be more likable if he toned it down.

Israel Adesanya is the best thing that could happen to the UFC as organization and to us fans.

I sincerely hope he convincingly beats Yoel Romero.

I want to see Masvidal or Wonderboy KO Adesanya

He's annoying. He comes across as fake and as if he's over compensating. His stupid jokes (I am not referring to the 9/11 joke and I will not even touch that with a ten foot pole) are juvenile as fuck and his persona is so over the top and ham fisted. He has lame one liners as well. He tries too hard. He needs to chill, tone it down... Like look at jorge. Jorge is a douche but up until the bmf thing his trash talk was more nuanced. He didn't talk shit unless provoked or your name is Neil magny (which I absolutely hated). He'd be more likable if he toned it down.
Perfect analysis. He wants to have a superstar personality, but what he's trying to do just isn't him. Conor is a good example of a fighter who's a natural trash talker, which is why he's able to get people to eat his shit up. I'm not sure if he's trying to be a full on heel or what.

Perfect analysis. He wants to have a superstar personality, but what he's trying to do just isn't him. Conor is a good example of a fighter who's a natural trash talker, which is why he's able to get people to eat his shit up. I'm not sure if he's trying to be a full on heel or what.
Conor's shit was also put on. It's just that without stupid ass media members and cunty fans who cheer on his every move you can't see the cringe. Remember the. Khabib build up? It was painful to watch. But back to Israel. It's so affected. Everything he does is heavy handed. When he takes himself seriously like his James lynch interviews etc he comes across as overly serious and even assholey, when he starts trolling he takes it too far and says stuff like I had a little bit of precum after the Wilkinson fight. When he was beefing with Brunson, he threatened to rape him, Mike Tyson style. Told schlob that he's " a gay boy"... In 2018. Good trash talk is playful and contextual. Look at bisping in the gsp and the rockhold fight. Trash talking gsp was forced. The rockhold one was natural, playful and hilarious. "conceive, achieve" is the best line in mma history imo and I HATE trash talk. Look at dc vs jones at the 2014 presser where and when people were booing conor and he called Poirier a redneck etc. The jones and dc stuff was... Fucking hilarious. Jones talked about DC's weight. How he'd own him and run his belly. DC 's response? I have a nice belly, or something along those lines. Gross imagery but hilarious, on the fly, unrehearsed and playful. A far cry from "hey pussy" you there? You know who else is playful and laid back with his shit talk? Dominic cruz. It's cutting but it's not over the top. Izzy should take his precum elsewhere and recollect his thoughts. If he loses he'll look like such a dick head and everyone will turn on him, especially after his condescending attitude towards romero, which was oddly over the top. Israel was super disrespectful towards him even by his standards. I wonder why.

Just seeing the way Izzy is carrying himself lately he seems to think he is God’s gift to fighting. Calling out Jones and Stipe Miocic. We all know Izzy has been KO’d before he came to the UFC. He talks trash about Luke Rockhold and Robert Whittaker saying Yoel feels like a machine in there when punching him. So Izzy thinks he’ll be able to take him out with ease. But I feel like Yoel is gonna surprise him big time.

Tbh I originally felt Izzy would win, but now I feel like he’s looking past Yoel just because he thinks he took out Robert Whittaker with ease (who went 10 rounds with Yoel) that he’s gonna be able to finish him with ease as well. I’m gonna call it right now. Yoel is gonna be so fucking explosive and catch Izzy with a flying knee and take him out for the upset. Who else is with me?

I personally don’t care much for Izzy’s recent cocky behavior. That interview he did with Ariel one on one was more cringe than any Cejudo bit.
And on top of that, I’m a big Yoel fan.
I’m hoping SOG KO’s the guy.

I didn't really care at all. Not a fan of either of them at all. Until Izzy's dumb ass 9/11 comment. Now I hope his career comes to a screeching halt, literally, in this fight by a violent KO.

inb4 "trigger!1111"

yea, I am triggered. And I hope his brain gets triggered so badly by Yoel that Izzy has to eat through a straw for the rest of 2020.

Conor's shit was also put on. It's just that without stupid ass media members and cunty fans who cheer on his every move you can't see the cringe. Remember the. Khabib build up? It was painful to watch. But back to Israel. It's so affected. Everything he does is heavy handed. When he takes himself seriously like his James lynch interviews etc he comes across as overly serious and even assholey, when he starts trolling he takes it too far and says stuff like I had a little bit of precum after the Wilkinson fight. When he was beefing with Brunson, he threatened to rape him, Mike Tyson style. Told schlob that he's " a gay boy"... In 2018. Good trash talk is playful and contextual. Look at bisping in the gsp and the rockhold fight. Trash talking gsp was forced. The rockhold one was natural, playful and hilarious. "conceive, achieve" is the best line in mma history imo and I HATE trash talk. Look at dc vs jones at the 2014 presser where and when people were booing conor and he called Poirier a redneck etc. The jones and dc stuff was... Fucking hilarious. Jones talked about DC's weight. How he'd own him and run his belly. DC 's response? I have a nice belly, or something along those lines. Gross imagery but hilarious, on the fly, unrehearsed and playful. A far cry from "hey pussy" you there? You know who else is playful and laid back with his shit talk? Dominic cruz. It's cutting but it's not over the top. Izzy should take his precum elsewhere and recollect his thoughts. If he loses he'll look like such a dick head and everyone will turn on him, especially after his condescending attitude towards romero, which was oddly over the top. Israel was super disrespectful towards him even by his standards. I wonder why.

Great post dude.

“I hate confident, active champs who want to challenge themselves against the best because they hurt my feelings “

Your not going on a date with the guy, your watching him fight.

I guess it would be funny but Izzy made Whittaker look like a fat kid reaching for cake, just swinging at air. Impressed the heck outta me

Did that other thread get deleted? Was spicing up then it was locked. Popcorn thread for sure.
No idea but it wouldn't surprise me. I'm having to restrain myself a good bit, if I said what I really think of Izzy and want to happen to him I'd end up yellow carded again for sure

Back