Who else hope's they make Melendez/Alverez?

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Anyone else down for this fight to finally happen? Eddie said he'd likely be ready around May, I'm not sure when Gilbert would be ready to take another fight, but I really think this is the fight that should happen. 5 rounds as well.

Could be entertaining.

They have to make this fight. It should be very exciting plus they talked a lot of shit to each other throughout the years. I'd prefer it to be 5 rounds but it's never gonna happen sadly.

They have to make this fight. It should be very exciting plus they talked a lot of shit to each other throughout the years. I'd prefer it to be 5 rounds but it's never gonna happen sadly.

Why do you say that? This fight could very easily headline a Fight Night in my opinion.

What would be hilarious is if the UFC were to put this fight as a Fight Pass main event

Poor Eddie, he gets no breaks in competition. lol. I'd love to see this fight, but I'd rather see Eddie against Josh Thompson, Edson Barbosa or someone a little lower on the food chain first.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Josh or Edson are scrubs in any way. But they seem a little more beatable than Gil.

Alvarez out till may....... what a flu

I don't know right now. I'd rather see Alvarez fight a UFC fighter in the 10-15 ranking first and maximizing his chances of getting at least one solid win before being sent back into the snake pit of the UFC's top ranked LW fighters. Am I the only one who would prefer that? I mean, eventually I'm all for Alvarez-Melendez, just not right now.

Make it happen!!! This is definitely an all-time bucket list fight for me!!!

I've wanted to see this fight for years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back