Who else here prepping?

I've seriously considered starting a little bit of prepping.

Not full blown end times, but more for natural disasters. Couple weeks of food, water, a solar panel or two.

5 gallon buckets, o2 absorbers, and mylar bags are the easiest "set it and forget it" food preps. A lot of people do MREs or freeze dried, but if you use those as your main source of food you will likely get sick after a few days. There are a few write ups and videos of people trying to live exclusively on the "2 week food supplies" from Mountain House or other similar companies.... They dont usually make it too far.

Harbor Freight has some good deals on panel kits here and there if you want to dabble.

5 gallon buckets, o2 absorbers, and mylar bags are the easiest "set it and forget it" food preps. A lot of people do MREs or freeze dried, but if you use those as your main source of food you will likely get sick after a few days. There are a few write ups and videos of people trying to live exclusively on the "2 week food supplies" from Mountain House or other similar companies.... They dont usually make it too far.

Harbor Freight has some good deals on panel kits here and there if you want to dabble.

I'm a harbor freight junkie, been looking at their panels just for a few vattery back up for a while.

In the midwest we get storms a few times a year that will take down power for a week or so. Plus STL is due for the new madras fault to pop off and that will be one for thr history books. Plus in the past few years STL has had civil unrest.

So given all of that I've really thought about clearing space in my basement storage room (old coal cellar) for a little bit of supplies.

Also I've always wanted a Honda dirt bike (I'm a hardcore honda enthusiast) which could double as a bug out/off grid mode of transportation.

I prepped a little the other day by storing some potato chips as body fat.

I would rather get sick and die than be stuck in some bunker in the dark until I emerge years later to form some bumfuck tribe village with all you retards

Just saw the article saying that 60% of the world population could be infected with Coronavirus and a cure is years out. Probably a good idea to stock up on canned goods and water and ammo
I just stock up on ammo, I'll use the ammo to commandeer the water and food from the betas.

Why? There will be plenty around for the taking.
Furthermore, what makes you think you're special enough to escape it?

Prob stock IV bags and medical supplies more than food or ammo honestly. Prob bone up on combat lifesaving techniques, first aid, and such.

Back