Who else feels that Mousasi would beat Whittaker?

Styles make fights.

Whittaker won’t be taking Mousasi to the ground. Mousasi has better striking than Whittaker. He has better ground game than Whittaker.

I see Mousasi beating Whittaker via UD or 4th round TKO/Sub

Thoughts?

Whittaker is the perfect opponent for Mousasi it think.

no he got hurt badly but he beat storm schlenko

You mean the same way Rob beat Yoel?

Moose is damn good but I think he has to many miles and I think Rob beats him. I also think KG beats Moose and Yoel Beats Moose.

Still want Moose back in the UFC be a sick
Fight.

Mousasi will come back if the money is good,that won't happen most likely.

Yeah let’s act like 19 years old whittaker = 27 years old whittaker

Mousasi vs jacare
images

Whittaker vs jacare
images

Yeah let's act like Whittaker wouldn't get caught more if he had 48 fights like Mousasi.

He's already lost almost as many fights as Mousasi and he has half the fights and mileage.

Spoken like a true troll. He was still conscious if i remember correctly. But again. The WW Whittaker and MW Whittaker are worlds apart.

Remember, former WW *Champ* Hendricks moved up to MW and got wrecked against tim fkn boetsch and bullied around the octagon by Costa. Sadly the same thing would happen to Skinnyboy

Spoken like a true fanboy.

Whittaker got finished by a guy with a 10-12 record lol

Used to think this. Now I dont.

Whittaker is as good a boxer, but has much more power. Both chins are great, but not mooses seems to be crack more than Robert. Also, Moose, after getting tagged would commit to the idea of going for a td, and would struggle trying to get it. Whittaker, even rocked, has shown to still stick to the plan, not switch out of nerves (panic)

Likely a good fight tho, I like Moose better, just think Whittaker is less likely to get finished, and at least AS likely to win a decision.

Styles make fights and it'd be #1 vs. #3 (usa today rankings)
I, personally, would make Mousasi a -130/ +110 favorite. However Whitaker train is steamrolling in Vegas so I'd expect to see Robert open up a -140/ +120 favorite.
Gegard is only 32 with a ridiculous 44-6 record and has been highly successful everywhere he's fought ...including UFC and is in his prime now.Hes taken very little damage over 14 years of fighting (shlemenko fight was 1st fight to take any damage to face which is crazy when you think).
It appears that Whitaker has evolved quickly into something special but I cant commit' to that yet.Hes young and his body and head has already taken a lick'n in pazt 2 fights alone.

I'll take my chances with the very smart and slick Mousasi who finally now trains like an elite fighter.That was only missing part of puzzle.

Yeah let's act like Whittaker wouldn't get caught more if he had 48 fights like Mousasi.

He's already lost almost as many fights as Mousasi and he has half the fights and mileage.
But isnt this hypothetical between current Moose vs current Whittaker???

Or is it prime vs prime?

Wasnt Mousasi gifted a decision win after getting his ass beat by a can in his first fight in bellator?

Mousasi would never get beat by court mcgee at any point of his career

Or is it prime vs prime?

I was initially responding to them posting the Uriah KO.

Prime vs prime Id give the edge to Mouse, now I may lean towards Whittaker.... though I suspect Yoel may have just taken a few years off his career.

I don't think Whittaker could fight Moose the way he fought Jacare and Romero. For an instance Whittaker is small and quick enough to squirm out of Romero's takedowns and pepper Jacare with shots from up close, Mousasi can't because he's taller and not as agile.

But if the two of them fight Whittaker is again faced with someone with a grappling and strength advantage except he's also an elite striker and can clinchfuck him for 5 rounds unlike Romero.
imo it's a bad matchup for whittaker just like Romero is for Moose, but I think Mousasi could take Romero nowadays too tbh.

I was initially responding to them posting the Uriah KO.

Prime vs prime Id give the edge to Mouse, now I may lean towards Whittaker.... though I suspect Yoel may have just taken a few years off his career.

Moose in a recent interview stated he is currently in his prime, he stated he hasn't felt better nor has he trained as hard in his career. He stated in the past he would only train once a day, now, from his last fight, he trains twice a day. You could tell, he looked lean and in great shape v Carvalho.

Threads like this should always have a poll.

I love Moose, but Whittaker KO's him. Too fast, and great TDD.

Wasnt Mousasi gifted a decision win after getting his ass beat by a can in his first fight in bellator?
Like the guy said, styles make fights and mma math don't work.

Moose in a recent interview stated he is currently in his prime, he stated he hasn't felt better nor has he trained as hard in his career. He stated in the past he would only train once a day, now, from his last fight, he trains twice a day. You could tell, he looked lean and in great shape v Carvalho.

Hasn't been Chuck Liddell been saying that lately too? lol

Kidding aside, I do think Mousasi is still pretty much in his prime, though he does have quite a bit of mileage that I expect to be catching up with him quite soon, unfortunately.

Or is it prime vs prime?
I'd say Mousasi is in his smack dead prime and Whitaker is just about there but with these wars, his prime will be limited.

It's the fight that the world of 185 needs to see right now and unfortunately that won't happen

Spoken like a true fanboy.

Whittaker got finished by a guy with a 10-12 record lol

Totally agree man. I think Whittaker basically gets knocked out by every top guy at 185, most at 170 and Conor sleeps him in the first at 155.

Let’s be real here right, the dude is basically a massive fucking can and got knocked out 3 times in one fight and lost to a total 10-12 bum. I can’t even remember if he’s ever won a fight.

What I do know, for certain, is Conor is the greatest fighter ever.

Back