Who else can beat Patient Gaethje

Ackmed

Silver Belt
Reaction score
To beat Patient Gaethje, you need to either KO him or have the ability to take him down and submit (or choke out) before his leg kicks add up too much. He's shown that it only takes about 48 leg kicks to compromise any opponent, by about round 4 or 5.

With Khabib retired, who else can finish Patient Gaethje before 48 leg kicks? Islam can get him deep waters on the ground but who else?

Conor would actually be a bad stylistic matchup for him. Conor is a precise counterstriker and has great range control to lessen the impact of the leg kicks. If and when Conor does fight him and beats him, this forum will become even more insufferable

I'll say it for 22nd time- 2020- " do bronx" beats anyone not named khabib at 155.

Have you not learned when the Franklin u makes his calls.

I actually think Gregor Gillespie could be a nightmare style matchup for him after seeing the Khabib fight, but I also cant; see it happening.

Patient Gaehje will be the next champ. Nobody beats him now.

Dustin beats him again
Conor beats him

Honestly he’s still very suspect against better technical boxers than him. He’s a tough takedown still. Despite what we just saw.

I'll say it for 22nd time- 2020- " do bronx" beats anyone not named khabib at 155.

Have you not learned when the Franklin u makes his calls.

He beats everyone except the 8 fighters who have already beaten him in the UFC :rolleyes:

Pretty much all the guys that have already beaten him in the UFC with added Conor, Charles and Chandler...

Poirier and Conor have a good chance, don't think anyone else in the division does.

He beats everyone except the 8 fighters who have already beaten him in the UFC :rolleyes:
Its 2020....not 2017 .

When will mma fans get the God given common sense?

Do I have to go thru this again ?

Some fighters evolve....some a great deal.
Some dont...and continue to remain in neutral.
Some regress but still stick around cause the UFC pays their shitty contract and are fine with it.

Some - whether better or worse- find greener pastures.

Charles Oliveira is just a flat out different fighter these days. Frame filled out and " werdumed " with those 8 points in the stand up.
Watch and learn

How? I don't see Charles able to take Gaethje down
Sorry for my previous - you just asked a question.
It's a cage fight and just like gaejthe, Charlie O. has evolved a great deal.He beats him in stand up and subs him on ground.
I'd also bet Dustin again and - unfortunately- Conor as well

Sorry for my previous - you just asked a question.
It's a cage fight and just like gaejthe, Charlie O. has evolved a great deal.He beats him in stand up and subs him on ground.
I'd also bet Dustin again and - unfortunately- Conor as well

No problem man, thanks for sharing your opinion, maybe Charles can also beat Justin but I'd give Islam a much better chance as he's able to take down anyone.

Justin still has good TDD and I don't see Charles beating him in stand up

No problem man, thanks for sharing your opinion, maybe Charles can also beat Justin but I'd give Islam a much better chance as he's able to take down anyone.

Justin still has good TDD and I don't see Charles beating him in stand up
A few years ago- maybe.
Again , it's just underneath 2021. I dont see Justin getting title unless Dana determines one fight for belt and puts gaejthe in title fight ...then anything could happen. I need to see Islam beat someone first before I entertain his title worth .I'm not saying he cant - just nobody knows about him just yet

Back