Who does USADA help

I definitely wouldn't want that in my life, but these guys are being paid and it's become part of the job just as it would be for an olympic athlete.

But I do think it's bullshit that these guys are considered "private contractors" and have to go through this kind of intrusive shenanigans without getting the benefits of being a full time employer . That's not ok and I imagine wouldn't hold up in court if actually fought out

I believe the UFC saw the future law suits regarding brain damage / PTE in sports and wanted to defend by showing they did everything in their power to protect their guys from steroid abusing fighters . They know they opened themselves up BADLY when they were doing stuff like protecting TRT fighters and not letting their opponents know they had exemptions (Vitor/chael/marquardt). Hence the huge change in their PR regarding steroids and the millions going into the 3rd party organization USADA to oversee their drug testing
It would hold up. WWE is 10000x more intrusive and literally dictates every aspect of your job but they wrestlers have lost ever challenge of their IC status.

Well, Cormier and Bisping still get to be champs, so it helped them.

It keeps the sport clean and fair.

Its not perfect obviously. They need to streamline it and make it systematic and fair to EVERYONE.

USADA sucks its stop fighters from using dick pills and eating kangroo meats.

Takes away fights for sure, but you cannot have a combat sport where guys can juice to the gills and kick people in the head like Vitor was

That is why all his peers see him as a piece of shit

It would hold up. WWE is 10000x more intrusive and literally dictates every aspect of your job but they wrestlers have lost ever challenge of their IC status.

Hmm that's really interesting had no idea WWE contracts were that intrusive. If you know of any good articles on the subject I'd love to read em

Yep, because boxing uses USADA the NFL,MLB and NBA use it too. Oh wait they don't. What is this legitimacy you speak of?

I think it's different when the whole intention of your sport is to cause physical harm and brain damage to your opponents and your financially incentivized to do so. NFL is worse for an athlete's health, but it's less of a goal and more of a consequence of the game.

Didn't they use USADA for the Floyd/pac fight btw? pretty sure they did

I definitely wouldn't want that in my life, but these guys are being paid and it's become part of the job just as it would be for an olympic athlete.

But I do think it's bullshit that these guys are considered "private contractors" and have to go through this kind of intrusive shenanigans without getting the benefits of being a full time employer . That's not ok and I imagine wouldn't hold up in court if actually fought out

I believe the UFC saw the future law suits regarding brain damage / PTE in sports and wanted to defend by showing they did everything in their power to protect their guys from steroid abusing fighters . They know they opened themselves up BADLY when they were doing stuff like protecting TRT fighters and not letting their opponents know they had exemptions (Vitor/chael/marquardt). Hence the huge change in their PR regarding steroids and the millions going into the 3rd party organization USADA to oversee their drug testing
i think the fertitas inflated the value of the ufc using usada before the sale .

I think it's different when the whole intention of your sport is to cause physical harm and brain damage to your opponents and your financially incentivized to do so. NFL is worse for an athlete's health, but it's less of a goal and more of a consequence of the game.

Didn't they use USADA for the Floyd/pac fight btw? pretty sure they did
One fight in boxing they used USADA because both sides demanded it. But 99 percent of boxing fights dont use USADA. BOXING is worse for head trauma than MMA. I'd even say football is.

It helps peopple who say huge muscles with low fat % are naturally impossible to prove they are right

I don't really like it as a fan because it hurts cards like UFC 200. It is also hurting a lot of fighters Chad Mendes who got a 2 year suspension for skin cream. doing that hurts the UFC as a whole plus they have to pay for them to hurt their Business

It helps guys like Michael Bisping to prove he can be a champion against clean or at least cleaner fighters.

One fight in boxing they used USADA because both sides demanded it. But 99 percent of boxing fights dont use USADA. BOXING is worse for head trauma than MMA. I'd even say football is.

USADA and VADA are becoming more and more involved in boxing. Two examples would be USADA working with PBC and the WBC now mandates VADA testing for anyone rated in their top 15.

USADA and VADA are becoming more and more involved in boxing. Two examples would be USADA working with PBC and the WBC now mandates VADA testing for anyone rated in their top 15.
Well once it's the standard in boxing then I hope other sports follow. Especially NFL. But its a long way away from being the standard in boxing. Let alone the standard in MMA. Bellator doesn't use USADA and they host events in some very lax jurisdictions. (Texas and Indian reservations)

Back