Who does Robert Whittaker beat at LHW?

Whittaker would have a size disadvantage but also he wouldn't have to do any weight cutting at all.
He'd be going into any LHW bout without any water cutting or strict dieting.
With a game plan, like 3 months to prepare, I could see Whittake beating a lot of LHW's.
He'd lose to DC, not because of size, but mainly because DC is just incredible and also gameplans very very well.
Whittaker would not fight Tyson Pedro.
He would probably lose to Khalil Rountree. I can't explain why. Just a gut feeling.
He'd beat almost all the others. His technique and fighting spirit is admirable.
Two fights I'd find very intriguing. Whittaker Vs Magomed Ankalaev and Dominick Reyes. I wouldn't want to bet on these 2 fights.

Brock was betting favourite against Cain..
40 lbs size advantage..lol

Top 9 LHWs barely have wrestling advantage...besides DC, Gustafsson, maybe Anderson.
and he will be too technical and quick for them. Manuwa, Latifi and co will not even hit him
I find that hard to believe as he would also have to gain significant weight to compete with them grappling and have more power, this would slow him down. If not then he would get laid n prayed by anyone with takedowns (Latifi) or KTFO by the rest that have power (Manuwa). If speed is all you need then why isn’t every fast welter and middle weight moving up to be a top 10 LHW.

There is no size advantage after WW.
So then open weight from 185 and up. If that’s the case then why isn’t there more movement on a regular basis between 185, 205 and HW. All MWs just ducking HW then..

I find that hard to believe as he would also have to gain significant weight to compete with them grappling and have more power, this would slow him down.

I don't think he needs it.
GSP needed it against Bisping, because he intended to implement a TD game vs someone who is hard to take down even for MW opponents.
Whittaker needs to be light, and his punch will feel hard if he just don't cut.
He will be light like LW Edgar.

If not then he would get laid n prayed by anyone with takedowns (Latifi) or KTFO by the rest that have power (Manuwa).

Don't think so for the reasons I've mentioned - too slow, not technical enough for him

If speed is all you need then why isn’t every fast welter and middle weight moving up to be a top 10 LHW.

Well, meanwhile we have a nice bunch of MW moving up - Smith, Alvey, Marreta. And they aren't even close to be top 10 MWs...
Welterweights - again, it depends on style, very much. But if you ask me, it can be not a bad idea for a lot of them...

Romero couldnt get Whittaker down. He is 10x the wrestler Gustafsson is. Wtf are you smoking?

Because you are obviously one of those "but credentials bro" kinda fans.

There is a difference between pure wrestling and MMA wrestling. Jones is 1/10th of the wrestler DC is but he outwrestled him because he mixes it with his strikes. Gustafsson is a great MMA wrestler.

Back