Who do you want to win between Canelo and GGG

Cariñito

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Between Canelo and Gunter Gearst Gemsley, who do you want to win, not who you think is gonna win.

I feel like it's only me and @Seano that cheer for Canelo and about two other posters.

I see plenty of "My mind says Canelo, but my heart says GGG" type nonsense.

So tell us who you WANT to win the fight.

I want Canelo

The better Middleweight was always GGG, but he was avoided, by Canelo no less and the ginger only wanted a piece of the Kazakh after he started showing signs of aging and slowing down in the Jacobs fight when he was 35. I wouldn't be so sour about this if it wasn't for Sergio Martinez ducking GGG so badly and Cotto did too, then Canelo. When GGG finally got his marquee fight he got robbed with a draw to protect the golden goose. The rematch was razor close too, it'd be great to see GGG beat Canelo, but I doubt that happens GGG himself knows he's more than halfway out the door at this point.

GGG for justice, but main hope is that the fight is as good as the first two

The better Middleweight was always GGG, but he was avoided, by Canelo no less and the ginger only wanted a piece of the Kazakh after he started showing signs of aging and slowing down in the Jacobs fight when he was 35. I wouldn't be so sour about this if it wasn't for Sergio Martinez ducking GGG so badly and Cotto did too, then Canelo. When GGG finally got his marquee fight he got robbed with a draw to protect the golden goose. The rematch was razor close too, it'd be great to see GGG beat Canelo, but I doubt that happens GGG himself knows he's more than halfway out the door at this point.
So you want Canelo to win.
Mark down another one for the good guys.

Still a Canelo fan, in hindsight LHW was a mistake, but I look forward to a triumphant return. Ggg is still one of Canelos most dangerous and relevant fights he can take atm, no matter how far people think GGG has slipped. This is Canelo’s rival, really.

Canelo is nice but GGG is one of my top 3 or 4 fighters that I ever looked up to and supported in my lifetime

Big Canelo fan. I was rooting for GGG in the first 2 but Canelo has become my fav fighter just because he is the only one trying to push his limits and reach GOAT status.

was going Nelo but this gunter Hearst gemsley moniker is making me waver towards the GGG man

I want Canelo to KO GGG so bad.

GGG is one of the most overrated fighters I can think of. He was smartly managed though to stay in his lane and not bother chasing greatness at any higher weight class when he could have.
Hard to even say what his best win actually is.

I like GGG a lot. Hes a badass and always puts on a show.

That said, hes past it. Canelo winning is better for boxing right now, and more specifically better for us fans. I dont want it to happen at all, but looking for a dominant Canelo performance and on to more top opponents.

Bivol rematch, Charlo, the fraud Benavidez, whoever.

I'd like to see Canelo win to end the rivalry. If Golovkin wins, they have to fight again, right? They'd be 1-1-1.

Canelo obviously has the bigger future in the sport.

I like GGG a lot. Hes a badass and always puts on a show.

That said, hes past it. Canelo winning is better for boxing right now, and more specifically better for us fans. I dont want it to happen at all, but looking for a dominant Canelo performance and on to more top opponents.

Bivol rematch, Charlo, the fraud Benavidez, whoever.
Skip the Bivol rematch. I think he should stay at 168. Going into that fight, I didn't believe Bivol had as big a size advantage as he did once they were in the ring. He looked a little taller when they were clothed and promoting the fight but in the ring, Canelo seemed too small. His punches weren't having the same impact, he wasn't wearing the bigger guy down.

Skip the Bivol rematch. I think he should stay at 168. Going into that fight, I didn't believe Bivol had as big a size advantage as he did once they were in the ring. He looked a little taller when they were clothed and promoting the fight but in the ring, Canelo seemed too small. His punches weren't having the same impact, he wasn't wearing the bigger guy down.
I think its more size than he can handle as well, but I wont knock a guy for daring to be great either.

Back