Who do YOU want Timothy Bradley to fight on March 16th?

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=61651#ixzz2IlhYW71l

by Luke Furman

Jan Zaveck (32-2, 18KOs) has been placed in the number one position in the WBO's welterweight rankings, which puts him in line for a fight with champion Timothy Bradley. Pacquiao, who lost a controversial decision to Bradley in June of last year, is sitting in the number two slot. Zaveck was stopped in five rounds when he defended his IBF tutke against Andre Berto in September 2011. He apparently earned his ranking by winning a twelve round decision over Bethuel Ushona last March to capture the vacant WBO Inter-Continental welterweight title.

Zaveck is likely not going to get Bradley in the near future and he is being mentioned as a potential opponent for unbeaten Keith Thurman on the March 9th undercard to Hopkins-Cloud.

Luke Furman covers boxing for bokser.org

Nice to see Zaveck back in action, liked what I saw against Berto.
I'd take him over Keith the Legend.

Boxing News 24 ‏@boxingnews24

'Bradley vs. Gamboa negotiations: Yuriorkis wants 143 lb catchweight: By Dan Ambrose: WBO… http://goo.gl/fb/b6sOc '

I would love to watch Bradley smack Gamboa around.

Bradley is the welterweight champ. Gamboa pulled out of his last fight last minute. He is a 1 fight lightweight. Hope they tell him to go fuck himself.

I would be fine with this outcome as well.

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael

"@trboxing says Tim Bradley-Ruslan Provodnikov is a done deal for March 16 on @HBOboxing #boxing"

Good fight, won't be a snoozer.

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael

"@trboxing says Tim Bradley-Ruslan Provodnikov is a done deal for March 16 on @HBOboxing #boxing"

Good fight, won't be a snoozer.

Bad fight IMO. Will be a one sided schooling.

Provodnikov is the guy Pac sparred with to fight Bradley. This fight is garbage.

Feel bad for Bradley, he couldn't get a big name, he needs to fight he just can't sit on the sidelines all year. Hopefully he gets a big name for his next fight.

Feel bad for Bradley, he couldn't get a big name, he needs to fight he just can't sit on the sidelines all year. Hopefully he gets a big name for his next fight.

Agree. The guy goes from a win over one of the top fighters in the world to fighting one of his sparring partners.

This is an ESPN quality fight. Bradley deserves better.

I say fight Marquez since JMM says he is not fighting Pac for the 5th time.

UnifiedBoxing.com ‏@unifiedboxing

"If Keith Thurman wins against Jan Zaveck on the undercard of B-Hop-Cloud he will be mandatory to fight Timothy Bradley"

So the winner of Zavcek Thurman is his mandatory? I don't mind that. I'd still like him to go down to 140 and whoop Khan.

So the winner of Zavcek Thurman is his mandatory? I don't mind that. I'd still like him to go down to 140 and whoop Khan.

me too, but if Thurman wins he's with Golden Boy, right?

Yes, but if he's the mandatory, Grandpa has no choice.
I like to see Jan-Tim fight, I liked what I saw from Jan in his fight against Berto.

Yes, but if he's the mandatory, Grandpa has no choice.
I like to see Jan-Tim fight, I liked what I saw from Jan in his fight against Berto.

Never thought I would be happy to hear about one of the commissions flexing their muscles over a promoter. Lesser of two evils I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back